Author Topic: Help me design some Manei Domini  (Read 1299 times)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Help me design some Manei Domini
« on: 26 March 2017, 06:11:29 »
So, I really struggle with ATOW - I always end up slaving away and then finding I've forgotten something when building a character.
So, I thought I'd ask for some help.

As part of my ongoing Jihad era campaign, my unit is starting to face increasing numbers of Manei Domini and I'm specifically thinking of developing a couple "big bass".
Ie: major opponents to take down, the Linda of Wobbies that thwart you at every turn, etc.

Any ideas (even if it's just "you should have these implants) for the following:

Precentor Poltergeist (so a special operative. I was thinking a beautiful but deadly woman who hides her Cybernetics to get close to her targets?)

Adept either Wraith or Phantom (maybe a light mech pilot? Or a BA trooper? Either way, adept at infiltration and scouting)

Adept Zombie - enough said, really...

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Archangel

• Major
Re: Help me design some Manei Domini
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2017, 20:34:42 »
Precentor Poltergeist - Well you have both Avitue and Naamah to draw upon for inspiration.  Oh and Havalah Cazer from the Opacus Venatori can provide the key implants.

Adept Wraith - Jaegar van Ribkis (TRO3075, p20), Joe Richmond (TRO3075, p38) or Anaku (TRO3075, p66).  I know Joe Richmond is a Zombie but going by the description he seems to be what you are looking for.  The key implants would be eyes (obviously better eyesight), legs (speed over strength to improve movement) and perhaps ears (for improved hearing).

Adept Zombie - Personality-wise I would use Shannadah (TRO3075, p74) who dispassionately incinerated both fellow Domini and Ebon Magistrate without hesitation and for the rest I would use Kendali Morris (Opacus Venatori) for inspiration.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2017, 00:39:23 »
One post on this site suggested you make the WoB member as a character but using as much XP as the party has combined.  So if each PC has 1000 XP, and there are 5 PCs, make the Manei Domini with 5000 XP.

So lots of Mech tricks/special abilities, excellent training both in and out of the Mech, gear that the PCs wish they could use (but with traps if used by Frails) plus lots of contacts to make the PC's lives' miserable.

Congratulations, the bad guys are taking you seriously.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2017, 05:47:11 »
The problem with that is survivability. Plus at 25000 XP, which is what it would be for 5 PCs with starting XP, the..NPC gets kind of silly. And with how lethal the system can be, its alot to dump into a single NPC. He's tough, but things can only go so far.

As for implants, it really depends on what you want them to do really. VDNI for pilots, etc. And how far you're willing to go.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2017, 20:48:03 »
I like these ideas, guys!

Any advice on specific implants? Jihad Hot spots: 3072 had a good breakdown of what each class is required to have. But why added extras would you suggest?

A Poltergeist who comes equipped with cosmetic (non horror) work and an pheromone infused - but also mymor  equipped legs to sprint?

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2017, 21:49:59 »
Tau Omega

Ya know, the
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid ~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

'Nuff said... I did send you a copy, quiaff?

Each trooper:
2MP
Glides
3.2318 damage at range 3
Armor Divisor 3
BV 22 w/ C3i connections @ 2/2 ( no not a typo )
Goes BOOM on demand  O:-)

I'll resend them to you via PM if need be.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016