Author Topic: Amphigean LAG Support Footprint/Head Quarters?  (Read 1374 times)

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
Amphigean LAG Support Footprint/Head Quarters?
« on: 01 April 2017, 02:17:44 »
Hello!

So, I know Amphigean Light Assault Groups don't make use of combat vehicle formations, but what kind of support footprint could one expect to see for their 'mech regiments in the era covered by CM: Kurita?  Based on the table for the 5th Amphigean LAG in Vol. 1 of the 4th Succession War Atlas, I approximate something like this:

1 Medium Mech lance
4 lances of various wheeled transports (perhaps one of these could be a "command" lance with Mobile HQ, MASH Truck, and a couple coolant trucks?)
4 lances of wheeled recon vehicles
3 Platoons of Jump infantry (Security Company)
Assorted Artillery Elements
Air support squadron (Maybe a couple cargo Karnovs, a couple scout planes, and a couple spotter VTOLs; this is in lieu of the combat aerospace squadron described in the book, which would be covered by the attached Air Wing described in CM: Kurita).

Is this at all reasonable?  Thanks for taking the time to look at this and I appreciate any feedback.
Hayden

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Amphigean LAG Support Footprint/Head Quarters?
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2017, 14:17:20 »
Can't say definitively, but it's reasonable. According to the Galtor Campaign BattleForce listing (so take with another helping of salt) their HQs only contain 4 platoons of support vehicles and 2-3 lances of BattleMechs. Also not that they wouldn't likely have Mobile HQs, but "command vans."
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
Re: Amphigean LAG Support Footprint/Head Quarters?
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2017, 14:40:07 »
Can't say definitively, but it's reasonable. According to the Galtor Campaign BattleForce listing (so take with another helping of salt) their HQs only contain 4 platoons of support vehicles and 2-3 lances of BattleMechs. Also not that they wouldn't likely have Mobile HQs, but "command vans."

Sublime, thanks!
Hayden