Author Topic: I don't have a snow terrain board at the moment.  (Read 1897 times)

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
I don't have a snow terrain board at the moment.
« on: 02 April 2017, 16:31:51 »
Which means these guys look a little out of place.

I was going for this:
« Last Edit: 02 April 2017, 16:38:12 by 00Dawg »

CDT Special Agent #343

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: I don't have a snow terrain board at the moment.
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2017, 16:47:19 »
Very nicely done, and a great recreation of a classic artpiece!

I must say though, have you considered going back and adding the black and orange details to the chest & shoulders of the other minis? You've done it well, it's very effective, and the other minis look somewhat bland for the lack of it. Not canon I know, but ...

W. O0
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2017, 16:55:08 »
Blasphemy!  Can'st thou see the source art before thee!?

Really, though, I thought about it and then decided I'd rather match the box; I really love some of the old RP boxes.  I have thought about going back and painting over the blue portions of the Steiner fist, logo, though.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2017, 17:10:37 by 00Dawg »

CDT Special Agent #343

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2017, 17:43:51 »
 O0

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2017, 18:32:23 »
Just on that, are the Wasp's left thigh and left hand blue, or is it just meant to be shadow?

Either way, either that Wasp is the CO's ride, or the guy the CO caught trying to sneak the CO's daughter back onto base after curfew. Talk about "shoot here" :)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2017, 19:39:52 »
Hmmmm.....haven't given it much thought, since the blue ends above the knuckle on the hand, I'm going with shadow. 

Hopefully whomever the pilot is, he's smart enough to jump at least 150 meters every 60 seconds.

CDT Special Agent #343

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2017, 23:10:21 »
The artwork used for the 1980s packaging is some of my favorite from the franchise, and I love the work you've done to emulate this!
Hayden

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2017, 12:36:29 »
From the grave, I summon thee!

Took a few minutes to match the Steiner logo look on these guys to the original artwork, then spun up some quick snow terrain.

CDT Special Agent #343

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2017, 08:51:11 »
Very nice!
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Register