Author Topic: Books about fighters?  (Read 1695 times)

Aster

• Recruit
Books about fighters?
« on: 26 October 2017, 17:48:42 »
Hi to all. I am very interested to know whether exist any Battletech literature focused not on mechs but on aerospace pilots and battles?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: Books about fighters?
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2017, 18:12:16 »
sadly not that i know of. we've had one book focused on elementals, and a trilogy focused more on infantry scouts, but not really fighter pilots. the closest we got was a minor sub-plot in the Operation Serpent books where a fighter pilot was the viewpoint character a few times.

at least regarding novels. there might be some in the battlecorps archives though.
« Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 18:13:50 by glitterboy2098 »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2017, 20:56:50 »
Blood of Kerensky Series by Stackpole has some fighter pilots doing their thing in it. Only a few chapters though.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2017, 23:19:36 »
BattleCorps had a few aerospace fighter centric stories. Off the top of my head, the list includes Pitcairn Star and Half of a Warrior.
WarShip centric BC stories include The Last Full Measure, The Theseus Knot and Stars in the Time of Dreaming, the latter being set aboard a dying WarShip.
Generally space/zero-g centric BC stories include Echoes in the Void and McKenna Station. Pirates of Penance and Sore Loser are BattleMech stories in space, set on a space station and a JumpShip, respectively.

25 Years of Art and Fiction included a good aerospace fighter story too but the name eludes me.

And for laughs I'll also mention And Then There Was The Time... from Shrapnel.
« Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 23:25:23 by Frabby »
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2017, 23:28:03 »
Yep the above mentioned story from Shrapnel is must read.

Aster

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2017, 09:45:02 »
Ah, thanks. Where those mentioned stories can be found?

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #7 on: 29 October 2017, 13:10:13 »
I've always found the beginning of Sword & Dagger to be a nice view of a pilots perspective of combat.

Its only a chapter or 2 at most in the entire book, just a couple scenes as viewed from one of the Notable Thrush pilots from TRO3025, IIRC.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 30 October 2017, 01:20:26 »
Ah, thanks. Where those mentioned stories can be found?
For the time being, BattleCorps stories aren't available online unfortunately. Some of those I mentioned are available in print in the various BC print anthologies, but these too are currently OOP I think.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins