Author Topic: Endurance while using Battle Armor  (Read 1524 times)

grimlock1

• Captain
Endurance while using Battle Armor
« on: 02 December 2017, 02:33:40 »
Does ATOW have rules or tables that cover how long a person is physically capable of operating a Battle Armor Suit?

For context, I was reading Ice Duchess of the Federated Commonwealth over in the fan fic section and it mentions a squad of IS Standard suits heading off into the mountains during a blizzard.  Yeah, they can move 10 kph on foot, but how long could they keep that up? 
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Endurance while using Battle Armor
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2017, 04:06:39 »
Until the batteries run out

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2017, 04:53:17 »
it depends on the specific design.

if walking in the suit is essentially like walking normally then they could do it for hours, if on the other hand its like wearing 100+ pounds of gear and weights, while having restricted breathing issues (lowered air quality or similar) then they wouldn't be able to do it for long at all.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2017, 17:07:56 »
I remember seeing something (on YouTube I think) about assisted walking devices being tested by the Army, and biomechanical analysis showed that the human was doing measurably less work with the device than without.  Short answer: what SCC said...