Author Topic: Misty Mountain Madison Wi 2 3 2018  (Read 1035 times)

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
Misty Mountain Madison Wi 2 3 2018
« on: 18 January 2018, 07:50:47 »
Battletech game 2/3/2018 starts at 1215 ish.  Crossing the Mekon river is the least of your worries.

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
Re: Misty Mountain Madison Wi 2 3 2018
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2018, 08:55:07 »
Nothing too exciting here.  Two Level II's attempt to interfere with a the Federated Suns construction of some bridges across the Mekon River.  The game started with one bridge completed and the engineers were working on finishing the second bridge.  (I played one of the Level II's of WOB, so I was going to have the battlearmor kill the engineers while the battlemechs and other vehicles fought each other.  (Unfortunately for me, the Drillson acted as a nail on turn 4 and was pounded upon from the lance of battlemechs that were trying to navigate the river and light woods described after this.  Had the Drillson survived, I probably would have had the battlearmor deposited on the work in process bridge on turn 6.)
Poor deployment on both sides prevent 50% of each other's forces from truly entering the battle.  Some of the FS troops decided to cross the river and then they emerged in a section of light woods.  Some of the MD decided to attempt a flanking move by entering the other side of the light woods. 
I gave the FS two artillery rounds per turn but they would need to place a target reference point on the map and then write down the exact location for the conventional rounds.  The tagged rounds simply needed to the target reference point placed on the map.  The WOB incurred some damage from the artillery but nothing too significant.

The FS lost some light mechs and superficial armor damage to three of their assault mechs.  The WOB lost a Toyama outright, because of time I decided to award a Malak destroyed, Drillson destroyed, six battlearmor killed, and another Toyama destroyed captured.
For future reference I will need to do the following:
The artillery was sort of spur of the moment so I will need to have the appropriate rules printed out for that.  I thought artillery was included in total warfare. 
In addition, for future artillery use, I will use poker chips with each chip identified prior to the game.
The players must select the ejection seat option.  Either disabled or an automatic pilot ejection.  Under my automatic pilot ejection, if the head is hit or there is an ammo explosion or the engine is destroyed the pilot is ejected.  (This is more of a home rule that basically says your pilot doesn't die, but in the process you might eject the fight early.  Yes a one-point hit to the head would trigger the auto-eject.  On the other hand, a Clan ER PPC to the head won't kill your pilot either.)
Overall the game wasn't too bad since I haven't played or GM a game of battletech in approximately a year.

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
Re: Misty Mountain Madison Wi 2 3 2018
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2018, 21:08:57 »
As long as the players had fun, that is all that matters.