Author Topic: I apologize in advance if this is the noob question I suspect it is, BUT...  (Read 2319 times)

Schadenfreude

• Recruit
What ever happened to the Alpha Strike kickstarter campaign for BattleTech? I've still got the poster art as my wallpaper, 9/29/15 emblazoned across the bottom of the artwork. But while I find references to MechWarrior Online, I can't seem to find any info on the fate of the game that had me so excited. I recall seeing screenshots of the graphics we were told to expect. I also recall donating to the cost of creating that game, although 2.5 years later, I do not recall how much I pledged. I'll repeat my apology if this is one of those threads that is done-to-death, but I'd appreciate any info (one way or the other) on if/when this project might become available for actual purchase, and actual use.

Thanks (or sorry) in advance. [blank]

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
If you mean the turn-based game from Harebrained Schemes, it's still in development.  You should be getting update mails from them if you backed it, maybe check your spam filter?  The most recent mail was on the 16th of January
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Is this the one you mean?

http://www.battletechgame.com/
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Beta came out last year and closed about a month ago. From the most recent update Lorcan mentioned, "With release in sight in the next few months,"
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Schadenfreude

• Recruit
Thanks for the response. How did I manage to miss this, searching the forum? Must be blind or stupid ...or both? It looks like the best of a few different worlds: Turn-based, like the original game, but with the high-end graphics and resolution the old game did not have.

Even if the game doesn't fire on all cylinders, I know I'll still buy it. I began reading the paperbacks in the mid-1980's, learned the mechanics and started collecting the sourcebooks and TRO's to better understand the books, and played the tabletop version a decade later. I still have a soft spot in my heart for this game that's still in existence more than 30 years after I read novels like "Wolves On The Border", The Grey Death Trilogy and the Warrior Trilogy by Michael Stackpole.

Luciora

• Major
The beta was pretty fun.  A few things I hope can be modded bit it is very promising.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Thanks for the response. How did I manage to miss this, searching the forum? Must be blind or stupid ...or both? It looks like the best of a few different worlds: Turn-based, like the original game, but with the high-end graphics and resolution the old game did not have.

Even if the game doesn't fire on all cylinders, I know I'll still buy it. I began reading the paperbacks in the mid-1980's, learned the mechanics and started collecting the sourcebooks and TRO's to better understand the books, and played the tabletop version a decade later. I still have a soft spot in my heart for this game that's still in existence more than 30 years after I read novels like "Wolves On The Border", The Grey Death Trilogy and the Warrior Trilogy by Michael Stackpole.

They are talking about a release sometime this year.

Having played the beta, it was fun. Lost most every game, but that's par for the course for me, even on the tabletop.

But I should caution it is not a straight copy of the tabletop top rules. If you go in expecting that, you'll be disappointed. That said, most of the design changes they made make sense and they've explained why that did it that way satisfactorily (at least in my opinion anyway). I'd say all in all its a good game that captures the essence of what BattleTech is.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Senorsuperman

• Recruit
Releasing in April now!

Register