Author Topic: Kitbashed K1 dropshuttle in mechscale  (Read 1359 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Kitbashed K1 dropshuttle in mechscale
« on: 11 February 2018, 15:48:58 »
I started out with a resin Union.  I filed off the turrets and used plastic sheet and woodfiller to add panels.  It is far from what I was hoping to achieve, but I hope you like it.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: Kitbashed K1 dropshuttle in mechscale
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2018, 17:26:24 »
Look great O0
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2018, 19:58:31 »
Looking good!  Though, can someone clear up the difference between mech scale dropships and map scale dropships.  They keep confusing me  ???
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2018, 20:45:45 »
Looking good!  Though, can someone clear up the difference between mech scale dropships and map scale dropships.  They keep confusing me  ???

Sure, MAP SCALE:

MECH SCALE:

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Carlson793

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2018, 21:09:50 »
Map scale: each 1.25" hex on the map is approximately 30 meters across, or roughly 24 meters/inch

Mech scale: each roughly 2" tall mech model represents is approximately 15 meters tall, or 7.5 meters/inch

Basically, a Mech scale drop ship will be 3 times the size of the same drop ship at map scale.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2018, 15:10:29 »
Awesome.  Thanks for the info and the pics!
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index