Author Topic: Kindle Version of the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy  (Read 3933 times)

Tiger1833

• Private
Kindle Version of the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy
« on: 09 March 2011, 19:56:49 »
Does anyone have this?  According to the reviews there are a bunch of typos.  Are they really bad enough to make it unreadable?  TIA

Downslide

• Master Sergeant
  • Cry Havoc
Re: Kindle Version of the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2011, 21:37:09 »
Don't know about the Kindle, but audible.com has the trilogy in, well, audio.  It's abridged though.
Everyman thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier. - Samuel Johnson

Yes, combat really is a hurtful, deadly thing. 

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2011, 18:16:13 »
There are a lot of typos but they aren't enough to make it unreadable.  Honestly, they aren't what you would normally think of as typos - they seem to be problems from the scanning/OCR of the books.  My best guess as to what happened is that they scanned in the books from print copies and never went over the finished product to fix all the stuff that the scanner or OCR software had trouble with.  What that leaves are things like a lowercase L followed by an appostrophe (l') getting scanned in as a capital P.  They generally aren't things where you can confuse what they actually mean.  If seeing stuff like "Phelan KelPs Wolfhound" instead of "Phelan Kell's Wolfhound" is going to drive you nuts, you might be annoyed.  My best estimation is that I hit these kind of things about three times per chapter, but I got used to them pretty quickly.

I guess the point is that the typos were a disappointment, but given the convenience of getting these books on the Kindle, I was still happy I got them.

(Another note, I also bought the Warrior Trilogy at the same time.  The Warrior Trilogy books had a few of these issues, but considerably fewer than the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy.)
« Last Edit: 21 March 2011, 17:09:00 by Dr Lucky »

bytor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2011, 12:17:05 »
I don't have the Kindle versions of these books, but I do have the pdf version of Assumption of Risk, and there were a few interesting typos there as well.  Also, I don't know if this is the case for BoK or the Warrior trilogy, but there is a little blurb at the beginning that says the novel is a electronic advance reader copy that was created from the pre-final text of the novel.  Basically, it wasn't edited very well.

Also, I have the kindle version of a Shadowrun novel, 2XS, and the editing was so bad that I couldn't get into the novel. 

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close semblance to the first."
-Attributed to General Aleksandr Kerensky

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2011, 23:39:07 »
I have all three of the novels and encountered very little problems in the reading, even if there are typos- which I have not found, it is still a readable novel series
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing