Author Topic: What armor units were the Successor states using in the 1st+2nd Succession War?  (Read 1816 times)

Vampire_Seraphin

• Master Sergeant
What armor units were the Successor states using during the 1st + 2nd Succession War?

I've wanted to run a game set in this era, but I feel like there is a missing TRO out there. Many of the tank designs in common use by the 3025 successor states did not exist in 2780. The demolisher, vedette, rommel, etc... are all later designs that come out of the mid succession wars era. Most of the Successor state armies should still be L1 tech, so it doesn't feel like they should be using demons and furies, likewise, they should probably be beyond the age of war, ruling out merkavas and marsdens.

That leaves very little left.

Per the NAIS 4th SW Atlas, a normal armor regiment should be roughly similar to: Condor 2, Demolisher 8, Falcon 2, Galleon 14, Goblin 34, J Edgar 4, Manticore 4, Packrat 4, Pike 4, Rommel 8, Scorpion 14, Skulker 4, Vedette 34, Von Luckner 8 + supporting infantry and artillery.

The designs in bold don't exist in the 1st SW. So where are the great houses making up the difference? SLDF tanks from TRO 2750? Age of war designs? As yet unpublished tanks?

You can do some replacing: Pikes -> Bulldogs, Rommels -> Manticores, Demolishers -> Rhinos, Scorpions -> Galleons, Falcons -> Condors, Vedettes -> Tigers. Still, about half the 3026 designs that need to be replaced don't really have close equivalents, especially the vedette, which I had to replace with a Davion Age of War design.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Can't really help you with equivalencies.

The Master Unit List can at least aid you in filling out the holes however. Go here: http://masterunitlist.info/Era/Details/11 and then click on the faction, then combat vehicles.

While technology began to slide in the first two succession wars, Star League tech was still available.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Register