Author Topic: New releases MegaMek 0.41.21, MegaMekLab 0.1.57, MekHQ 0.3.31  (Read 23891 times)

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
Re: New releases MegaMek 0.41.21, MegaMekLab 0.1.57, MekHQ 0.3.31
« Reply #90 on: 20 August 2016, 13:01:10 »
just like with the force icon in which I added to what another person made for the icons  I do the same with old army patches.  This is why I love MekHQ because I can make any pic into a camo, fluff, force icon, profile pic, mech pic 

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
« Reply #91 on: 20 August 2016, 13:13:35 »
Can princess handle a battalion on Battalion battle compared to fthe regular AI?

Also will it respond faster with movement?

What is the optimum number of units for it to handle?
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #92 on: 20 August 2016, 15:03:22 »
the company marker is supposed to be above the main graphic not inside it though  :P Other than that nice job! O0

Can princess handle a battalion on Battalion battle compared to fthe regular AI?

For princess to handle this sized game the forces should really be no larger than a company if I remember correctly which would end up being 3 on 3. High move jumping units should also be limited if your game is over lance on lance. Princess can handle a lot more than testbot but still has its limitations with jumpers and larger formations.

BlueThing

• Sergeant
« Reply #93 on: 20 August 2016, 19:08:34 »
The editor is based off another program called MilSketch. A tutorial for the editor starts https://youtu.be/BMqkzUeedgw?t=13m

The entire milsketch program is pretty neat and I wish we could have something like it (beyond the icon editor) for MekHQ. It would be a rather large task though and there are far more important items that need to be finished first.
Interesting. I'll check out MilSketch and see if I can make the couple of icons I'm missing for my current OOB. :)

EDIT: Danged typoes!

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
« Reply #94 on: 21 August 2016, 16:29:58 »
Thanks
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #95 on: 21 August 2016, 21:43:22 »
Still a tech level bug in MekHQ's MegaMek options in that I just tried to save my current campaign with Experimental tech level allowed but when I re-loaded my campaign reset it to Standard.

Does it with my template campaign too.  It is the only MegaMek option that doesn't get correctly saved/loaded.  If I save then reload it doesn't even have the specialty ammunition it should.

Just a quick setup then to the tracker.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #96 on: 21 August 2016, 22:26:47 »
And also figured out why I still got an invalid design showing up.

On the unit market I picked up a Phoenix Hawk -1 no bloody alphabet soup.  Refit it to my custom -1M variant that trades half the machine gun ammo for more armor.  For some reason it still shows a full ton of ammo so I created a new test campaign and sure enough if I just buy the -1M it has the correct half ton of ammo but if I refit a -1 into a -1M it comes out with a full ton of ammo.

Put it on the tracker as well.

It only seems to do it on custom designs as well as it will do a 1V Locust to a 3V Locust without issue.  So far though any of my half machine gun ammo for something more useful custom designs seem to come out with full ton ammo bins.
« Last Edit: 21 August 2016, 22:41:26 by monbvol »

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #97 on: 22 August 2016, 06:48:14 »
have you tried unloading the ammo and running it empty for a game?  It might not be emptying the bin during the refit (breaking who knows how many OHS rules on the factory floor...)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #98 on: 22 August 2016, 07:10:44 »
It is a little more problematic than that.  It's coming out overweight by half a ton.  So even if I unload the correct amount of ammo it is still a full sized bin.  So MekHQ will complain that the ammo bin needs filled and since MekHQ doesn't support partial reloading I'd have to adjust it in the MegaMek lobby every time I wanted to use it in a scenario.

It is an odd problem, one that can actually be worked around pretty easily as it only seems to crop up when refitting from an official variant that has full ton machine gun ammo bins to one of my custom variants that reduces machine gun ammunition for something more useful.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: 23 August 2016, 09:44:43 »
Having a problem opening this save game.

Logs show errors in self destruct feature for a VTOL.

Can anyone help mod the save so that the self destruct doesn't happen?

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #100 on: 26 August 2016, 14:25:14 »
Has anyone had it happen to them that MM simply decides to ignore the client settings?

I´ve always had "show wrecks" turned off, it´s still turned off, it says in the client settings file AND in the menu that it´s turned off... but wrecks still show on the board and there´s not way to get rid of them.

Same with the tileset. I´m using the simplified tileset, but while the graphics themselves (in particular the woods) are the simplified ones, the board is displayed in isometric and there´s no way to turn that off.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #101 on: 27 August 2016, 08:10:22 »
Same with the tileset. I´m using the simplified tileset, but while the graphics themselves (in particular the woods) are the simplified ones, the board is displayed in isometric and there´s no way to turn that off.

Just in case there's any confusion, there's a difference between the "isometric rendering" and an "isometric tileset".  The isometric tilesets are draw to have an isometric perspective (to look kind of 3d-ish).  The "isometric view" will draw the hexes at different heights, based on their level.  The isometric view is toggled on/off by going to View > Toggle Isometric.  There's also a keybind for it, which I believe is defaulted to T.  This setting has nothing to do with what tileset you have selected.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

Danai Falknir

• Recruit
« Reply #102 on: 17 September 2016, 12:31:04 »
I just updated Java to see if that's why I can't join a fight (it was telling me my version was out of date) Now I can't run any of the MegaMek clients at all
<Go on, stand up and let us hear you!> Says the French Teacher

<Protocol for international information gathering: when dealing with local authorities, bribes should be effective. If the information cannot be aquired through bribes, resort to torture, keeping in mind that on duty officers should be able to report in or their absence will raise alarms, endangering the mission. When dealing with higher ranking officials, bribes are too costly; the first course of action should be torture. If this does not result in success, proceed to the abduction and/or execution of family members, always beginning with females.>, says Laura in French

What the hell did you just say?!, says Megan

X-23, Target X issue 2, French class

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #103 on: 17 September 2016, 16:28:06 »
If you upgraded to Java 9 then that is the reason. If not... try the current release or reinstall Java in the unlikely event something went wrong with the installation.

Danai Falknir

• Recruit
« Reply #104 on: 17 September 2016, 17:30:56 »
Either I accidently did that, or I didn't install correctly because now my clients work correctly.  Thanks for the response!
<Go on, stand up and let us hear you!> Says the French Teacher

<Protocol for international information gathering: when dealing with local authorities, bribes should be effective. If the information cannot be aquired through bribes, resort to torture, keeping in mind that on duty officers should be able to report in or their absence will raise alarms, endangering the mission. When dealing with higher ranking officials, bribes are too costly; the first course of action should be torture. If this does not result in success, proceed to the abduction and/or execution of family members, always beginning with females.>, says Laura in French

What the hell did you just say?!, says Megan

X-23, Target X issue 2, French class