Author Topic: Too comlex?  (Read 10790 times)

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: Too comlex?
« Reply #30 on: 17 October 2011, 21:10:36 »
Sorry to hear about your friend. Have him snag a newer battlemaster. ITs pretty easy to get together & playing it will restore his faith. For me some of the newer mini's are a pain to build.

Centurion13

• Sergeant
  • Homo Homini Lupus
    • The BattleTech Reader - Home of the Fan TRO:3063
« Reply #31 on: 18 October 2011, 22:40:12 »
Yes, for a new player, assembling the T-Bolt can be a hassle.

On the one hand, I would never attempt it without pinning.  On the other hand, I can make it do a polka if I want; lurves the pose-ability.

After reposing a Toyama, nothing scares me anymore.  And I don't even do that much with minis.

Cent13

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #32 on: 19 October 2011, 00:25:27 »
It's odd, but I've assembled several hundred minis and never had one that needed pinning.  Zap-A-Gap and patience were enough every time.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sunder Prime

• Corporal
  • OMFG, the cake really IS a lie.
« Reply #33 on: 19 October 2011, 13:09:31 »
I recently got into Mini's and the two that gave me trouble were the Kodiak, because I didn't like the pose and tried to tweak it, and the Warhammer, which needed a lot of carving to make it work.  If the Warhammer had been my first I might not be on this forum.  That being said, if I had been smart enough to search for building guides and had learned the putty tricks I probably would have been fine.  I prefer posing options to simplicity myself, but with your first mini when you are in a hurry to get it on the board it's easy to get frustrated.

"If you have a simple solution to a problem, you probably don't know enough about the problem." -Colonel James "Huey" Hewitt, Commander of The Devil's Own

Register