Author Topic: Non-BattleTech - Adeptus Titanicus and Aeronautica Imperialis  (Read 2188 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
More Crossover Madness!!! :D

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Daemion

• Major
Re: Non-BattleTech - Adeptus Titanicus and Aeronautica Imperialis
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2020, 18:18:55 »
I had been wanting to pick up an Adeptus Titanicus Titan kit for a while, and with the stimulus, I was able to justify a Warhound Kit.  They are nicely scaled to proper wargaming scale (between 1/200 and 1/300) making them great for scale cross-overs with BattleTech.

I also picked up the boxed game of Aeronautica Imperialis: Wings of Vengeance to see if the fighter models were also in the same scale because I have a small force of Epic Orks. To my surprise, they are.

To give you an idea, I included an old Ral Partha Kurita Jump Infantry (Which is going to be part of my Generic Team Tan), as well as the Rotunda (Spy Car) and the MHQ.  As you can see, the cockpits on the fighters match up really nicely.  And, to give you an idea that the Titan is correctly scaled, I bid you look up the cockpit of a Warhound Titan.  It's kinda cramped and seats only 3 guys.  The closest thing that comes readily to mind in real life would be a semi-truck's tracktor assembly complete with sleeping compartment. (Hence the inclusion of the MHQ)

As I finish each model set, I'll post pics. 

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2020, 18:39:32 »
Background - This Warhound is from a (non-canon) tertiary legion based on the Texoneuvo Forge World.  The Greyhound Legion is composed entirely of Warhounds, acting as a training auxiliary until losses from other legions require a new Warhound.  During their training, detachments will often be deployed to supplement nearby Titan forces on campaign.  These Warhounds rarely receive battle honors before they've been transferred into a renown Legion.

This particular Greyhound has been dispatched to supplement a legion keeping an eye on a Titan force that has not necessarily gone traitor, but has refused orders from the Tactica Imperium and Mars Cult leaders in the past.

Commentary -  These are very nice model kits that go together very well with a little amount of glue.  So, their $60 price-tag might actually be worth it. No mold lines to clean up.  Only have to deal with sprue links.

The box I bought included two titans.  The other one will be part of my custom Legion Idea - the Ground Pounder Legion.  I just like the idea of painting up some titans in Olive Drab with next to no fancy Decor.  I'll explain more of their concept when I get the other Warhound finished.

The only drawback to the kits, so far, is that of the wire connection bits for the weapons, you get 4 (two for each side) that only work with one set of weapons.  There are four sets of weapons, and you get only 4 pairs that work with three.  So, I had to actually choose which ones I could run pairs on, and which ones I had to single out. 

If I get the chance, I will get a second set.  I have some ideas for a Chaos group calling themselves the Power Rangers.  Once I do, the Warhound for that team will get some kitbashing to make those errant wires work.

As you can see, I've magnetized these weapons so that I can get some flexibility in configuration. Those are in the Ground Pounders Olive.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2020, 17:00:34 »
Aeronuatica Imperialis First Wave.  There are four other fighters which come with the core game, 2x Fighta Bombas and 2x Marauder Bombers.  While I have those assembled, they're unpainted.

But, I do have the smaller fighters painted (Mostly) the stock Thunderbolt needs cleaned up.

The game is simple and easy, and I can easily figure out how it might integrate with Adeptus Titanicus.

Again, they're nicely scaled to 1/285, thought it might be closer to 1/250, which doesn't bother me.

Here is a picture of the finished fighters over part of the game map, along with some crossover samples.  :thumbsup:

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2020, 17:05:01 »
Thunderbolt Fury.  I'm going with something reminiscent of World War II fighters.  After all, that's what 40k makes me think of. WWII (in Spaaace!!!)

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2020, 17:06:48 »
Evil Suns Dakka Jet, bought by a rich Boy.

Thing I like about the Orks is it gives me legit freedom to be sloppy with my base-coat.  And, I get to have fun with individuality.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2020, 17:08:01 »
Evil Suns DakkaJet belonging to a looter.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2020, 17:10:12 »
Evil Suns DakkaJet that's kinda non-descript.  This pilot equates it to an aerial squig.

The fun thing about the DakkaJet sprues is that there is a base arrangement that allows for nine different configurations. Then there are the attachments that allow for many more variations among those minor body arrangements.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 06 September 2020, 07:12:34 »
 :thumbsup:

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #9 on: 06 September 2020, 07:43:11 »
Sweet! :thumbsup:
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Andrew_Cluetain

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • Sniper Mech?
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2020, 17:51:15 »
Cool!  Imho the plastic AT stuff is ALMOST right for the Clicky tech stuff; I should post a pic of my AT titans (2 warhounds for now) with some clicky stuff.
Remember us Ravens seek the ultmate highground, space.

CSR Beta Galaxy

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2020, 12:12:53 »
Sure, if you're planning on using them as BattleMechs with BattleTech stats.

I plan on doing cross-overs with the stuff, so I don't mind there being big things for my Universe-hopping mercs to run into.

Register