Author Topic: (Answered) Dropship Bay Sizes  (Read 2575 times)

VictorMorson

• Sergeant
(Answered) Dropship Bay Sizes
« on: 14 February 2016, 13:02:37 »
I've been having a little trouble figuring out what the precise bay sizes can support.  Typically it goes:

Mech:  150
Aero:  150
Small Craft:  200
Hvy Vehicle:  200

The problem we're hitting is some folks suggesting that the 150 is supposed to include 50 tons of bay facilities and thus can only store 100 tons of 'mechs, while others suggest that the 150 is the usable amount.  The house rule we've adopted is that you cannot Hot Drop if the bay has over 100 tons of gear in it.

I'm just wondering what the official word is?  Also on number of vehicles; a Small Craft Bay can in theory fit 4 fighters (and the rules even mention this); if it can use it's full 200 tons is it flat out superior to an Aerospace bay?

Anyway I appreciate the help!  We track every single component in our cargo bay opposed to using the Support Points system so every ton matters.
« Last Edit: 15 March 2016, 23:53:04 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Dropship Bay Sizes
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2016, 23:52:51 »
The rules for SuperHeavy (over 100 ton) 'mechs specifically say they cannot fit in 'mech bays and must be transported as bulk cargo.
TM p. 239 specifies the max weight limits for the other bays (under the Capacity column).
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register