Author Topic: Dark Age novels...The Sea Foxes....  (Read 2270 times)

Alain Yanez

• Corporal
Dark Age novels...The Sea Foxes....
« on: 23 December 2011, 20:10:09 »
Ok, I am on novel 12, and I am totally lost.   Who are these guys?  And why are there still Diamond Sharks in the Wars of Reaving sourcebook?   I am guessing that the Diamond Sharks at some point in the rather non-sensical Stone era decided to become Sea Foxes again...Why and when does this happen, and why do they revert back?

Thanks for straightening me out!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: Dark Age novels...The Sea Foxes....
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2011, 20:28:45 »
At some point after the Jihad the Sharks rename themselves to Clan Sea Fox - that's basically it.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2011, 20:30:21 »
Clan Sea Fox became Clan Diamond Shark in 2985. The details can be found in various Clan sourcebooks.

Clan Diamond Shark chose to go back to their original Sea Fox name in 3100. This was done a) to signify their new beginning as a more fleet-based, nomadic merchant clan, and b) as a rebranding so they wouldn't remind Inner Sphere markets of the original Clan invasion. Think of it as like when a company has a product that bombs and they rename it to avoid any negative associations the old name might carry with consumers.

Obviously the reason there are still Diamond Sharks in WoR is because it takes place between 2985 and 3100 when that's what they were called.

Alain Yanez

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 23 December 2011, 20:35:09 »
Thanks!  Going to have do dig some more in my Wars of Reaving book.  Was thinking the Diamond Sharks are one of the Home Clans at the end.    Thanks also for pointing out the origins, I was unclear in my original post, but, I did recall that, was just unclear as to the why's and what for's, which I now get.