Author Topic: Adventures: Empires Aflame  (Read 6144 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Adventures: Empires Aflame
« on: 31 October 2014, 23:03:01 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with BattleTech Adventures: Empires Aflame.

Product Link:

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Re: Adventures: Empires Aflame
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2014, 00:31:37 »
There's too many for me to post. As it is a free product I don't see the need for TPTB to do additional work. Nearly all of what I saw was in the timeline and had to deal with people dying or retiring twice about 10 years or so apart. The ones I remember offthe top of my are Victoria Ward resigning twice and Blake DeChavalier and Corian Tchernovkov each dying twice.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2014, 15:31:27 »
Hi,

Given the scant complaints and lack of evidence, here are the fixes I've found that will correct everything to absolute perfection!*

p. 35: Empires Aflame WarShip listing - Change header date from "ca. 3100" to "Ca. 3095"

p. 36: Under Tech That Appeared Anyway - Change the first sentence here to read: "Clan technology that does have an Inner Sphere analog began to emerge—in its Inner Sphere version only—during the late 3000s, amid a surge of innovation that followed this universe’s Fourth Succession War. "

p. 46: In the second paragraph under the Terran Supremacy affiliation, the last sentence of the paragraph should be: "To the Supremacy leadership, the border world regions—often rife with remnants of their original cultures and political systems, tend to be viewed as occupied territories or buffer zones, rather than truly integrated (and thus, fully trusted) populations."

p. 46-47: In the second paragraph under the Draconis Combine affiliation (the one regarding Rasalhague-born characters), move the long dash between "language as" to directly after the word "Swedish".

TIMELINE CHANGES! - For simplicity, the following changes reference the EA timeline by year, rather than page number

2788 - "Operation Black Shield" should be "Operation BLACK SHIELD"
2790 - "Operation Black Shield" should be "Operation BLACK SHIELD"
2813 - "Taurian-Canopian War" should be "First Taurian-Canopian War"
2814 - "Taurian-Canopian War" should be "First Taurian-Canopian War"
2911 - The only entry here should read: "Taurian Concordat conquers Pleiades Cluster" (Delete all other events)
2991 - "Blake DeChavilier" should be "James DeChavilier"
3061 - "Naomi Centrella" should be "Naomi Centrella-Calderon"

And that's it; everything else is absolutely awesome, with no further errors whatsoever!*

*Give or take any errors that some helpful folks find and actually report, that is.

-

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2014, 02:33:59 »
Just a couple minor ones that gave me giggles.
p. 49-50: On the character record sheets, either the listed height of both Lt. Col. Emory and Mary Durant should be adjusted or else art provided demonstrating they are both significantly taller than any BattleMech.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2014, 03:14:51 »
Just a couple minor ones that gave me giggles.
p. 49-50: On the character record sheets, either the listed height of both Lt. Col. Emory and Mary Durant should be adjusted or else art provided demonstrating they are both significantly taller than any BattleMech.

Ahahaha! See, I know I gave their measurement in my document as "1.85 m" and "1.62 m" respectively. *Someone* multiplied by 1,000 instead of 100 during the conversion to centimeters, I see!

-

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2014, 23:58:03 »
p. 25
Free Worlds League writeup
There is a reference to the "Rim Collection" on the list of sub-realms establishing the Outer League Alliance. This might perhaps be intended for the Rim Commonality instead.

p. 26
Lyran Commonwealth writeup
There is a reference to the "Rim Collection" as one of the realms the Lyrans have recently been making diplomatic overtures towards. This might perhaps be intended for the Rim Federation instead.
« Last Edit: 07 November 2014, 00:00:08 by Nerroth »