Author Topic: Skinwalker...Preview of Things to Come?  (Read 19863 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Re: Skinwalker...Preview of Things to Come?
« Reply #90 on: 22 January 2016, 03:14:00 »
Great! Now you've got me thinking about a Dominion take on it, not called the Skinwalker but the Gurahl. What programme do you use to make the mech's with all the advanced tech by the way?

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Gurahl
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #91 on: 22 January 2016, 07:35:07 »
What programme do you use to make the mech's with all the advanced tech by the way?

Excel, unfortunately.  No good purpose-made options.  Lack of TRO format output keeps me from posting on the design boards.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #92 on: 22 January 2016, 08:04:39 »
While dreaming of the coming of the ilClan, I did up a cheesy, Warwolf-ish...
Did you mean Wulfen-ish? Cause the designs you're doing are in the light 'Mech range, not the heavy.

Excel, unfortunately.  No good purpose-made options.  Lack of TRO format output keeps me from posting on the design boards.

Solaris Skunk Werks should be able to handle all of this. I can build the Skinwalker in it. You just have to set the rules to Experimental, the era to Dark Ages, and the tech base to Mixed.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #93 on: 22 January 2016, 10:22:55 »
Solaris Skunk Werks should be able to handle all of this. I can build the Skinwalker in it. You just have to set the rules to Experimental, the era to Dark Ages, and the tech base to Mixed.

SSW doesn't have RISC tech, though. And her design uses RISC super-cooled myomers.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #94 on: 22 January 2016, 10:29:55 »
Speaking of RISC tech, what manual/book are they in? I can't find anything about super-cooled myomers or heat dissipating armour or the ABA armour or anything so where are they?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #95 on: 22 January 2016, 10:52:13 »
Speaking of RISC tech, what manual/book are they in? I can't find anything about super-cooled myomers or heat dissipating armour or the ABA armour or anything so where are they?

They're in the IO Beta.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #96 on: 22 January 2016, 10:59:04 »
SSW doesn't have RISC tech, though. And her design uses RISC super-cooled myomers.
Ooops, missed that in the text there.

Whenever I run across something like that which isn't implemented yet, I try to find a similar place-holder to use when designing my 'Mechs.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #97 on: 22 January 2016, 11:47:21 »
They're in the IO Beta.

Sorry for the dumb question but what's the IO Beta?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #98 on: 22 January 2016, 12:02:44 »
Interstellar Operations (beta release)

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #99 on: 22 January 2016, 13:05:24 »
Did you mean Wulfen-ish?

Yes, thanks.  Corrected upstream.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Register