Author Topic: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium  (Read 377926 times)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
Re: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium
« Reply #960 on: 07 May 2017, 06:57:37 »
I have to ask what?? and how??

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #961 on: 07 May 2017, 14:50:05 »
My thinking was a scenario where the five Successor States have torn themselves down and the Periphery states have built themselves up to the point that the Periphery and break-away Inner Sphere provinces like Rasalhague and Andurien band together to try end the Succession Wars by trying to force the Inner Sphere to accept a new Star League on more equitable basis just to stop the bloodshed.*

Thomas Calderon rewriting the original Pollux Proclaimation is his nod to the historical irony of this scenario.

* Shockingly, it doesn't work, although they make enough progress that large swathes of the Inner Sphere are carved into territorial states which are intended to be built up into full members.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

RunandFindOut

• Lieutenant
  • Master of the LolCat Horde
« Reply #962 on: 07 May 2017, 16:31:05 »
I'd be more partial to an AU where ComStar failed in their attempt to control interstellar communication with the resulting backlash and conflict ending up in a new Age of War.  At the very least that sort of widespread disunity, conflict, and chaos is perfect for a wargame.
One does not just walk into Detroit

She ignored the dragon, and Freddy Mercury who arrived to battle it with the Power of Rock.

Ironburk

• Recruit
« Reply #963 on: 08 May 2017, 04:35:25 »
Is this before or after the return of the Clans? Because if it is before, I would love to see them learning of how the barbarians from the periphery rebuilt the Star League
and took over much of the inner sphere. You would be able to hear them screaming in outrage over it all the way to Earth.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #964 on: 11 May 2017, 05:57:23 »
Is this before or after the return of the Clans? Because if it is before, I would love to see them learning of how the barbarians from the periphery rebuilt the Star League
and took over much of the inner sphere. You would be able to hear them screaming in outrage over it all the way to Earth.
Since it's Thomas, probably before. But not before the Wolf Dragoons begin their recon mission. For maximum hilarity, the Dragoons have at this point been working for one Periphery Nation or another and have been sold on the benefits of this New Star League, slowly sharing their skills and tech and totally not telling their old masters.

fitzgerald

• Private
« Reply #965 on: 23 May 2017, 16:33:14 »

In the year 3015 two LosTech discoveries rocked the Inner Sphere and the Periphery.   

Hanse Davion personally lead the Federated Suns forces in raiding Halstead Station to seize a fraction of a Star League University at great personal cost.  From this he would go on to found NAIS, a centre for ground breaking recovering of scientific research.

Deep in the Periphery however close to the Magistry of Canopus a derelict Aquilla jumpship was found slowly coasting into an uninhabited system nearby the Zenith jump point by a free trader named Robert April.  A relic from the Re-unification War the TCN Constitution was a military cargo hauler that had suffered a mass blow out of its hydrogen supplies in the black.   

Bravely venturing abroad the Constitution revealed that it was chock full of Toro's and Talos Battlemechs, alongside full loads of spare parts, field tools and manuals.    Fortunately  the breached fuel tank had been properly patched in a desperate attempt to refill it and survive, an effort that had sadly failed given the minimal amount of hydrogen left in the tank.

Filling the Constitution with enough fuel to jump into the Magistry Robert April kicked off what came to be  called the Constitution Crisis.     A crisis forged with calls from those within the Magistry and Taurian Concordat to seize the Constitution and its cargo or destroy it to ensure the other didn't benefit.   Even as calls for espionage and violence started gaining traction within the two Periphery nations Captain April stepped in with a personal plea to both Kyalla Centrella and Zarantha Calderon.

"Are you squabbling House Lords, so greedy to seize the legacies of the past that the notion of cooperation and sharing is anathema?  To forget what the men and women of the TCN Constitution worked and fought so hard to prevent; that insatiable Terran greed to control all of mankind's destiny.   

I should have left the Constitution to soar into an unmarked star to lay its valiant crew to rest!      A fitting end for good ship from a time when humanity strode boldly towards the stars and left Terra in its dust never to return.   Or will you prove me wrong and live up to the ideals of Samantha Calderon and Kossandra Centrella!"

Captain April's personal plea to both leaders produced unexpected results when Zarantha Calderon called for a conference on the planet Detroit to discuss the equitable sharing of the recovered TCS Constitution but of further and deeper co-operation between the Magistry and the Concordat.    Sensing an opportunity to further her reforms and begin advancing her schemes to shatter the Free World Leagues the Magestrix agreed

In early 3016 a deal was struck between Kyalla Centrella and Zarantha Calderon on the planet Detroit with the TCN Constitution looming over head.     A comprehensive deal spanning trade, technological support, military aid and agreements on a full range of other issues the Detroit Accord was a smashing success much to outside observers dismay.    Included in the Detroit Accord was the provision for establishment of an Unified  Space Survey corps, funded by both governments with the goal to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and found new colonies, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Assigned to this corp was the refurbished USS Constitution and Captain Robert April who volunteered to captain her, passing along command of his jumpship to his son.   

Twelve years later the newest vessel of the Space Survey has slipped the docks from Taurus, filled to the brim with the latest recovered technologies even as war rages across the Inner Sphere.      A marvel of 160,000 kilotons with the latest in recovered jump core technology the USS Enterprise is setting out on a five year mission to search for a better future for the Periphery! At its helm is Captain J. T. Kirk, son/daughter of Admiral April’s XO George Kirk.

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #966 on: 23 May 2017, 19:02:52 »

In the year 3015 two LosTech discoveries rocked the Inner Sphere and the Periphery.   

Hanse Davion personally lead the Federated Suns forces in raiding Halstead Station to seize a fraction of a Star League University at great personal cost.  From this he would go on to found NAIS, a centre for ground breaking recovering of scientific research.

Deep in the Periphery however close to the Magistry of Canopus a derelict Aquilla jumpship was found slowly coasting into an uninhabited system nearby the Zenith jump point by a free trader named Robert April.  A relic from the Re-unification War the TCN Constitution was a military cargo hauler that had suffered a mass blow out of its hydrogen supplies in the black.   

Bravely venturing abroad the Constitution revealed that it was chock full of Toro's and Talos Battlemechs, alongside full loads of spare parts, field tools and manuals.    Fortunately  the breached fuel tank had been properly patched in a desperate attempt to refill it and survive, an effort that had sadly failed given the minimal amount of hydrogen left in the tank.

Filling the Constitution with enough fuel to jump into the Magistry Robert April kicked off what came to be  called the Constitution Crisis.     A crisis forged with calls from those within the Magistry and Taurian Concordat to seize the Constitution and its cargo or destroy it to ensure the other didn't benefit.   Even as calls for espionage and violence started gaining traction within the two Periphery nations Captain April stepped in with a personal plea to both Kyalla Centrella and Zarantha Calderon.

"Are you squabbling House Lords, so greedy to seize the legacies of the past that the notion of cooperation and sharing is anathema?  To forget what the men and women of the TCN Constitution worked and fought so hard to prevent; that insatiable Terran greed to control all of mankind's destiny.   

I should have left the Constitution to soar into an unmarked star to lay its valiant crew to rest!      A fitting end for good ship from a time when humanity strode boldly towards the stars and left Terra in its dust never to return.   Or will you prove me wrong and live up to the ideals of Samantha Calderon and Kossandra Centrella!"

Captain April's personal plea to both leaders produced unexpected results when Zarantha Calderon called for a conference on the planet Detroit to discuss the equitable sharing of the recovered TCS Constitution but of further and deeper co-operation between the Magistry and the Concordat.    Sensing an opportunity to further her reforms and begin advancing her schemes to shatter the Free World Leagues the Magestrix agreed

In early 3016 a deal was struck between Kyalla Centrella and Zarantha Calderon on the planet Detroit with the TCN Constitution looming over head.     A comprehensive deal spanning trade, technological support, military aid and agreements on a full range of other issues the Detroit Accord was a smashing success much to outside observers dismay.    Included in the Detroit Accord was the provision for establishment of an Unified  Space Survey corps, funded by both governments with the goal to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and found new colonies, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Assigned to this corp was the refurbished USS Constitution and Captain Robert April who volunteered to captain her, passing along command of his jumpship to his son.   

Twelve years later the newest vessel of the Space Survey has slipped the docks from Taurus, filled to the brim with the latest recovered technologies even as war rages across the Inner Sphere.      A marvel of 160,000 kilotons with the latest in recovered jump core technology the USS Enterprise is setting out on a five year mission to search for a better future for the Periphery! At its helm is Captain J. T. Kirk, son/daughter of Admiral April’s XO George Kirk.
Sounds like he wants humanity to go back to exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new life and new civilizations.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #967 on: 23 May 2017, 21:59:13 »
Well played, Fitzgerald. Well played.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Black Omega

• Sergeant
« Reply #968 on: 15 June 2017, 19:59:51 »

Bet I know what book you have been reading. ;)
"Old age and treachery will beat youth and beauty every time."

Ironburk

• Recruit
« Reply #969 on: 13 November 2017, 10:32:11 »
]# 523

A new contender has appeared.

Dana Stephenson( newly engaged to Hanse Davion) has a date with death at the battle of Halstead Station, but misses it due to a case of pregnancy. After the battle is won Hanse returns to New Avalon and marries Dana. A few months later she gives birth to twins, John and Alexander.

Now the butterflies fly free. This means Hanse doesn't get married to a girl young enough to be his daughter. Maybe John, his heir gets married to Melissa instead, who actually gets to be the older one in the marriage( by about four years).

Now the substitution plot may be derailed. "Hi honey, I'm home." Kiss. Thud( hard punch, knocking down fake Hanse). "Who the hell  is this? Because it sure isn't my husband!" Cue Ardan Sortek doing the I told you so handjive and you can't touch this dance.

Would the invasion be set up for 3032, when John is a 18, with a marriage kickoff? Or would they try to keep to the original timeline? If they change it, what would happen to Wolf's Dragoons? Their contract ends with the combine in 3028.

What about the fact any kids John and Melissa have won't be out of training by the time of Clan invasion begins. 

On the other hand, no puppet master Katie, and no ineffectual Victor. So there is that that to look forward to.

Please tell me what you think about my first contribution to this thread.

[/size]
« Last Edit: 17 September 2018, 08:53:00 by Ironburk »

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #970 on: 13 November 2017, 15:33:32 »
My only quibble with your tribble is the font size

It's a nice Point of Departure for a fresh look at things
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #971 on: 13 November 2017, 15:38:29 »
Ahem. Indoor voice.

Interesting idea, but keep the font size under control.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #972 on: 13 November 2017, 19:07:47 »
Ahem. Indoor voice.

Interesting idea, but keep the font size under control.
Agreed on all points
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #973 on: 13 November 2017, 22:13:47 »
Tribble #523 would be a nice  new take on events!  You could possible start a whole new timeline/story for it!

Ironburk

• Recruit
« Reply #974 on: 13 November 2017, 22:42:01 »
Ah, sorry about that. I have difficulty with controlling font size on my crappie tablet. I will try to do better in the future.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #975 on: 14 November 2017, 02:27:21 »
Interesting scenario. O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Chaeronea

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #976 on: 14 November 2017, 02:49:44 »
# 524

In July 2018 Thomas Kearny and Takayoshi Fuchida released "What Happened to the Universe When Einstein Wasn't Looking?", a paper which detailed their observation of hyperdimensional motion within subatomic particles. While it and their subsequent papers were ridiculed by the scientific community of the time they were exonerated by the development of the jump drive in 2107 which eventually bore their names, and the hyper-pulse generator which transmitted its first official message on New Year's Day of 2630.

But what if things were reversed? What if development of Kearny and Fuchida's principles and theories focused instead on sending energy pulses through hyperspace instead of physical objects?

What if HPGs were developed before the K-F jump drive?

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #977 on: 14 November 2017, 03:26:23 »
It would be difficult - not impossible but difficult - in that era and rather limited in application. SETI might be interested though.

Chaeronea

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #978 on: 14 November 2017, 05:39:27 »
I'm wondering if the Western Alliance went ahead with their plans for colonising the other planets and asteroids of the Solar System, and possibly some slowboat colonies to nearby stars, that if equipping these colonies with HPGs to keep relatively instant communications open with Terra that might reduce separatist leanings.

Valles

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #979 on: 14 November 2017, 09:21:25 »
Design a dropship or monitor with an endurance under 1g acceleration of about ten, eleven years and you've got a sublight starship, and not all that slow of one. I did the math once for another project; it gets a little dicey because you absolutely get up into seriously relativistic speeds and need to decide how to interpret the approximations that the rules make, but whatever the answer is in detail, the takeaway precis is 'Yes, BT tech can do that'.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #980 on: 22 November 2017, 20:39:03 »
#524 Grand Theft JumpShip

It's 3045 and Hanse just had a brainstorm to get rid of Romano once and for all.

After once again reading up on pre-spaceflight Terra, Hanse is inspired by the Pacific War's island-hopping campaign. Noting the important part of isolating and starving out enemy units, over the next year covert FedCom operatives in cooperation with the St. Ives Compact quietly infiltrate the Capellan Confederation's JumpShip force.

Once the infiltration is complete, a pre-arranged signal is sent out and the operatives seize the JumpShips, jumping them to St. Ives. Candace then gleefully uses these JumpShips to support a military offensive to rush towards Sian and depose her sister, smashing Romano-loyalist formations along the way with overwhelming force, secure in the knowledge that hostile reinforcements will arrive somewhere between "too late" and "never".

This isolation even extends to Sian itself, with Romano screaming for loyal reinforcements to smash these traitors. While these reinforcements do eventually arrive by commandeering privately-owned JumpShips, it's just in time to learn there's a new Chancellor in power.

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #981 on: 23 November 2017, 03:15:27 »

In 2762, Richard Cameron produces his masterstroke to abolish house militaries. The great lords round on Amaris, who screams for guards to protect him. SLDF guards move in and Kerensky restores order... by detaining the lords. After a decade of watching them abuse the League's mechanisms for their own benefit, he's had quite enough. All five are arrested on grounds of embezzling from the taxes they imposed on the Periphery. Which is an open secret that even Richard knew about.

Still, the actual facts aren't publicized. Instead Kerensky proposes to a pleased Richard that the five be kept under house arrest until they sign orders to their militaries, placing them under SLDF control due to an 'emergency'. The Periphery lords are amused until Kerensky reminds them that this includes their military forces. On the other hand, he suggests that Richard might want to redress the long-standing grievances of the Periphery, raising his friend Amaris and the other three to full membership of the League.

Technically this simply means another piece of paper to be put in front of the imprisoned lords to sign before they're let out. In the meanwhile, Kerensky receives Cameron's permission to have SLDF peacekeepers intervene to keep the borders between the five member states calm. Of course, with most of the house militaries deployed along borders, this means the SLDF has the vast majority of their forces pinned in place.

Eventually word will get out. Eventually one or more of the House Lords will crack (my money is on Steiner) and sign the papers in front of them. Either way, a new Reunification War is inevitable and who knows what opportunity Amaris will find in that?

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium
« Reply #982 on: 23 November 2017, 08:21:38 »
Ok, so this is a crazy one, even by my standards: Girls und BattleMechs

Basically, take the basic premise of GuP, but translate it to BattleTech. Rather than tanks, it's BattleMechs, with the nation themed schools replaced with Successor State/Clan themed ones; St. Gloriana becomes New Avalon, Saunders becomes Steiner, things like that.

Anyway, have fun.
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

MattV

• Recruit
« Reply #983 on: 23 November 2017, 09:40:09 »
Ok, so this is a crazy one, even by my standards: Girls und BattleMechs

Basically, take the basic premise of GuP, but translate it to BattleTech. Rather than tanks, it's BattleMechs, with the nation themed schools replaced with Successor State/Clan themed ones; St. Gloriana becomes New Avalon, Saunders becomes Steiner, things like that.

Anyway, have fun.
I actually read that one somewhere,  can't  remember any specifics thou...

Sein Schatten

• Recruit
« Reply #984 on: 23 November 2017, 11:30:54 »
You may think of Kikō Sentō (BT GuP SI).

croaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #985 on: 24 November 2017, 22:58:22 »
Which was really fun and I wish Drak would get back to writing more of it.

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #986 on: 25 November 2017, 03:48:05 »
Well maybe. Davion & Davion (Deceased) gives at least a little hope that I can go back to older ideas.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #987 on: 25 November 2017, 10:09:14 »
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #988 on: 08 December 2017, 01:45:34 »
Tribble # 526

What if Phelan Kell wasn't a quisling traitor after all? What if, after being taken as a bondsman by the Clans, he only pretended to become entranced and indoctrinated into their culture?

What if, when he traveled to Arc Royal to attend his mother's funeral, he spoke privately with Victor ... and revealed that he was actually working as a deep cover agent, using his access as saKhan to gain access to the most secret of Clan data, like the map to Exodus Road, the locations of hidden Clan caches, technical schematics and research data ... which he then proceeded to hand over to his cousin?

And what if Natasha turns out to be doing the same: truly loyal to Jaime and the Inner Sphere, she's using her position in the Clan to divert materials and supplies, ensuring that there are gaps in the defenses, planting eventual sabotage, and recruiting her own fanatical band of Spiders to eventually lead back to Outreach? And the Refusal War turns out to be her plan all along, putting things in place for an eventual all out confrontation between two of the strongest Invader Clans?

What if the two traitors to the Inner Sphere turned out to be working for the good guys (ie, not the Clans) all along? And can you imagine the look on Ulric the Smug's face when he realises that his two most trusted supporters are actively working towards the destruction of his culture? When he realises that they've been manipulating him into taking the Wolves on a death-ride against the Falcons, essentially making both Clans kill one another?

Ranna Kerensky gasped as Phelan Ward, her lover and saKhan of Clan Wolf, steped over her fallen body. Clutching at her belly wound, the Clan Warrior ground out, "But Phelan ... why?"

The still handsome man paused, and frowned down at her, holstering the needler pistol that had turned her intestines into hamburger. "Why what? You tried to stop me from doing my duty."

Ranna shook her head, trying to clear her mind of the agony of her wounds and the blare of the Dire Wolf's general quarters alarm. "But ... you are of Clan Wolf! We are your people!" I love you, she didn't say.

"My people? You were my kidnappers! You tortured me, beat me, humiliated me, mutilated me," he shifted his shoulders, as though in rememberence of the time his back had been scourged by a furious Vlad. "I am not, and have never been a Wolf, Ranna: I am a Hound. My job is to protect the flock from the wolf: that's you." He shrugged. "Sure, you were a great lay, but after all, isn't it just 'coupling' to you people?

"I am a citizen of the Federated Commonwealth, a loyal subject to Archon Prince Victor, and I have lived among you weirdos long enough."

An older warrior stepped into the cabin. "Come on, kiddo, charges are set and our bird awaits."

"On my way, 'Tasha." He glanced down at Ranna again. "Sorry, babe, but ... I've got my duty. This way, I get to blow up a Clan WarShip along with the creme of what's left of your little cult of furries."

As he strode away, the light faded from Ranna's eyes as she heard his final words. "And give my regards to mad, bad little Nicky when you get to Hell: we'll send the rest of your twisted little family after him soon ..."