Author Topic: MOTW Assassin  (Read 19125 times)

Fear Factory

• Captain
  • Designing the Enemy
Re: MOTW Assassin
« Reply #120 on: 22 October 2017, 12:38:18 »
You can do something really neat using the Steiner chassis.

ASN-31 Assassin

I can accept it as a scout.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Field Manual Crusader Clans Supplement:  Clan Burrock
Scenario Book:  The Former 66th - Litany Against Fear

Caedis Animus

• Lieutenant
  • Burning and caring since the first founding.
« Reply #121 on: 22 October 2017, 23:55:48 »
Not to be the 'follow the rules' guy, but... We're not supposed to post builds, right? Or am I misremembering?
"It would be but a single boop on it's noggin!"
"Do not boop that merry suicide bomber."
- Corvus Corax warning Vulkan about the dangers of the Catachan Barking Toad.

Fear Factory

• Captain
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #122 on: 23 October 2017, 00:08:54 »
Not in the MOTW thread.  Links to designs are OK from what I understand, basically so the game designers can read fan articles without seeing fan designs (if they so choose).

The Assassin is my favorite 'Mech so I can't resist.  Sorry if it's not allowed.
« Last Edit: 23 October 2017, 00:13:27 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Field Manual Crusader Clans Supplement:  Clan Burrock
Scenario Book:  The Former 66th - Litany Against Fear

mutantsix

• Private
« Reply #123 on: 25 October 2017, 02:00:42 »
TRO Succession Wars would be a great place to update the ASN-SB......just saying.

2x ML and SRM6.....I'd happily buy the record sheet pack just to have that.

Hptm. Streiger

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #124 on: 25 October 2017, 06:07:00 »
Well, just food for the brain. The Assassin is what its name says it is. A Killer that picks high-value targets and get rid of them. Of course not when the guy is riding in his Atlas but when sleeping in a tent or riding in an open car for the show. LRMs are perfect for killing meaty targets - the explosive and shrapnel makes for lack of precision.
(remember that lousy Hollywood film remake "The Jackal" - Ok the open window and the long aiming period might have been an homage to the original when Edward Fox Character was finally stopped because of the open window. But in seriousness why do you open a window for your 14.5x114mm and why to aim for a headshot when you know that your gun is inaccurate and doesn't need that kind of precision.
And the Assassin doesn't need this super high precision for his kill shot either - unlike LGR, Large Laser or AC2 might need.

LRM has the longest reach on the field so an intercept force needs to stop you some klicks before you are able to get your shot. A Republic Mod might be the mounting of ER-LRMs and a TAG instead of the MLAS

GermanSumo

• Corporal
« Reply #125 on: 25 October 2017, 17:44:12 »
assassin... i always found the name very ironic... the contract killer coming to work with the tiniest tool of the trade EVER  [blank] [blank] [blank]

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #126 on: 26 October 2017, 14:16:42 »
Well, just food for the brain. The Assassin is what its name says it is. A Killer that picks high-value targets and get rid of them. Of course not when the guy is riding in his Atlas but when sleeping in a tent or riding in an open car for the show. LRMs are perfect for killing meaty targets - the explosive and shrapnel makes for lack of precision.
(remember that lousy Hollywood film remake "The Jackal" - Ok the open window and the long aiming period might have been an homage to the original when Edward Fox Character was finally stopped because of the open window. But in seriousness why do you open a window for your 14.5x114mm and why to aim for a headshot when you know that your gun is inaccurate and doesn't need that kind of precision.
And the Assassin doesn't need this super high precision for his kill shot either - unlike LGR, Large Laser or AC2 might need.

LRM has the longest reach on the field so an intercept force needs to stop you some klicks before you are able to get your shot. A Republic Mod might be the mounting of ER-LRMs and a TAG instead of the MLAS

At the time it was designed, the SRM2 was the ONLY weapon that could carry infernos ..... race in, see the enemy commander climbing his mech, coat it with napalm, and leave ---- or if you can get in, while the troops are still trying to organize, hit as many as you can with burning gel --- if you get some ammo piles, well, that's just fireworks for your own little arson party.

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Register