Author Topic: Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses II  (Read 177363 times)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses II
« on: 30 September 2012, 19:02:05 »
Now its started. Hows that name?
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
Re: Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses II
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2012, 19:12:51 »
Meet the new thread, same as the old thread.  We won't get fooled again.

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2012, 19:54:05 »
I'm signing in.  Why mess with a classic name?  Thanks Col.Hengist!

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2012, 20:05:18 »
Remember to keep the stalls clean ;)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Nightsky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2012, 20:05:46 »
What happened to "Rainbow Meadows Luv-Luv Unicorn Farm: Home of Clan Hell's Horses" ?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2012, 20:07:58 »
It was put down into the dark place where joy goes to die.  Otherwise known as the Jade Falcon OZ.  O:-)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2012, 20:19:34 »
Oh, trust me. I almost made it Clan Hell's Horses: Home of the Brony and Tunak Tinak Tun... and i still can  ;D

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 30 September 2012, 20:24:58 »
Careful...you might draw down the wrath of an angry Herb...remember, he is a Horse's fan, after all...

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2012, 20:31:00 »
It's all good.Herb likes jokes too... some times  O0

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #9 on: 30 September 2012, 20:38:27 »
Careful...you might draw down the wrath of an angry Herb...remember, he is a Horse's fan, after all...

Wait? really.....dang...and I *LIKED* the Horses!
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 30 September 2012, 20:56:37 »
i think this is the first time a new horse thread was ever started because the old one got filled up, a moment in history!  O0
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 30 September 2012, 21:00:53 »
Anyone heard if the new quad protos were getting a mini? I really wanr to abuse them soon.
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: 30 September 2012, 21:06:41 »
Not to my knowledge.  I would love it if they did, though. 

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 30 September 2012, 21:55:15 »
Daishi,shocka and i sponcered the Svartalfa. /fistpump can't wait til it comes out.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 30 September 2012, 21:57:50 »
Anyone heard if the new quad protos were getting a mini? I really wanr to abuse them soon.

*shifty eyes* My players still are reluctant to let me use Protomechs unless it is to school a new player
feeling cocky....I would so definately abuse the quad protos if I could!

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 30 September 2012, 22:15:20 »
Daishi,shocka and i sponcered the Svartalfa. /fistpump can't wait til it comes out.

it's weird you mention this, cause him and i were just talking about it yesterday, the lack of update is making me even more impatient for it
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #16 on: 30 September 2012, 22:32:36 »
Tagged and thanky for a new thread feel.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 30 September 2012, 23:10:22 »
it's weird you mention this, cause him and i were just talking about it yesterday, the lack of update is making me even more impatient for it

All the updates I've seen say it's been funded and sculpted but nothing else. No release date yet.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 01 October 2012, 00:03:44 »
All the updates I've seen say it's been funded and sculpted but nothing else. No release date yet.

I can`t wait for this thing to finally come out! It`s been a while so hopefully by the end of the year?

I think Sawbones funded the quad Procyon. That's also one sweet proto, it'll be nice to get minis for that as well.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 01 October 2012, 00:28:34 »
Now if there was an updated HMP lite or ssw for protos i would be happy. I want record sheets for the Svartalfa 2.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 01 October 2012, 00:58:52 »
Now if there was an updated HMP lite or ssw for protos i would be happy. I want record sheets for the Svartalfa 2.

I agree there....I would love something where it is easy to make all the fun Protomech designs.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: 01 October 2012, 07:41:23 »

yeah this is how i remember it too
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 01 October 2012, 09:15:58 »
I agree there....I would love something where it is easy to make all the fun Protomech designs.

You can do up to 9 tons with HMP but it doesn't have all the stuff.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 01 October 2012, 10:29:34 »
You can do up to 9 tons with HMP but it doesn't have all the stuff.

Exactly...can't make an 4 ton proto with partial wing and myomer booster with ProtoMech Melee weapon...

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #24 on: 01 October 2012, 10:33:32 »
Gawds but I love Protomechs  ;D

Wonder what kind of role they'll play in our DA military?

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #25 on: 01 October 2012, 12:20:25 »
I'm hoping for an extra Trinary added to each Cluster. Though we'd probably see them replacing BattleMechs in the first 3 Trinaries for a while. The problem is that rumors say Wizkids didn't like ProtoMechs, so they didn't show up until Bonfire, so we don't really have much in the way of how they were used.

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 01 October 2012, 12:33:49 »
That just gives TPTB room to add them in anywhere they didn't show up in the Novels. Considering how little page time any Clan but Jade Falcon got, there should be plenty of room to add them in. (That doesn't count the Steel Wolves, because they are a RotS faction with Clan colors.)
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 01 October 2012, 14:25:07 »
They've also said that the novels aren't cannon. Speculation is fun but we should probably wait on anything definite until a tro or fm comes out. I'm actually kind of excited to see new proto stuff there will be.

Come to think of it, with armiy sizes durring the dark age being smaller i would think protos would be a good way to keep the tourman up. The Svartalfa is the begining of something really cool. I hope the improvements keep coming like improvements to the neural plug ins or better cc weapons...

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 01 October 2012, 15:03:35 »
when did novels stop being cannon?
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 01 October 2012, 15:22:43 »
I dunno, but thats what i keep getting told. Look at the clan invasion. Apparently the IS had SLtech but not in the novels,the DA novels talk about no one has battlemechs but I'm told thats not true... so lately I'm only believing what i read in a fm,tro or hystorical. It stops arguments.

Register