Author Topic: Mech of the Week - The Minirauder – The General Motors Industry CTS-6 Cestus  (Read 10290 times)

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
There's one in the opposition in the Chaos Irregulars story Crucible at Campoleone.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
That's all that comes to my mind, though it's probably got a few mentions in passing as small parts of larger battles, and the Solaris model is just ridiculous, since the weapon swaps are pretty diametric in their changes in range; the Cestus in the very same book has not only a better modification, but would probably win a fight with it, which I don't think a basic Cestus would claim over a basic Dragon Fire.  That said, I think the opportunity for either to get a prominent feature has probably passed, which I suppose is good for the Cestus and the jumpjets that everyone will probably always remember it as having.

The only thing I can think of is if the old Solaris box-set firing rate rules were being used.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register