Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 162744 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #1230 on: 30 October 2017, 17:13:42 »
Anthony, could any of us be hearing this message from the search team?  If I am, I will have a response.

This message no

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1231 on: 30 October 2017, 17:31:44 »
if this is back at were we just were how long is it can we go back?

Yes this the area you just played in

It is a few hours after you send in your report.
He does need time to get and read the reports.
That and your transports need to refuel.

and if this is right after we left the area can my ready 5 unit respond as well?

You will be sending the same unit you had out last game.
Yes you will be able to send in your ready 5 also.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1232 on: 30 October 2017, 17:34:04 »
So, are we using the same forces from last session for this one or can we change things up?

Yes you will be using the same force from last game. You will also get to send in your ready 5 also.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1233 on: 30 October 2017, 17:50:59 »
OK now for more on the next mission.

People that could not make the last mission you get to pick 1 Mech, 1 Armored and 1 Infantry unit from your command.
You will also get to pick a ready 5 unit. That one is your choice. This unit will not deploy with your base unit but can get called in after the second turn if need be.

Do keep in mind the terrain. It has hills woods and river.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1234 on: 31 October 2017, 17:44:12 »
Who did attend?
In other news, the stent in my ureter is drawing blood when I move around and isn't coming out until next Friday.  I can't go to work until it's out, so I am climbing the walls.  -Just venting. 

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1235 on: 31 October 2017, 18:27:17 »
Who did attend?
In other news, the stent in my ureter is drawing blood when I move around and isn't coming out until next Friday.  I can't go to work until it's out, so I am climbing the walls.  -Just venting.

Chris, Dave and John. John will not be around for the next game.

All the fun of throwing stones.

Work on some minis that should give you something to keep you off the walls  ::)
« Last Edit: 01 November 2017, 01:18:26 by shadhawk »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1236 on: 31 October 2017, 20:57:14 »
That is the plan.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1237 on: 05 November 2017, 12:54:38 »
Comstar AP News Service
Military Technology Monthly

Flyer Tactical Vehicles are highly mobile, fully modular, internal and external air transport compliant, military grade, mission ready vehicles. Built for speed, mobility, and maneuverability in all weather conditions. The Flyer vehicle allows operators to access previously denied terrain in demanding environments. The vehicles can be reconfigured to support multiple crew and mission profiles, from three to nine operators with full payload and mission profile kits. The Flyer can attain a maximum speed of 136kph and has a cruising range of 725km at 64kph on flat ground. The Flyer has a turning radius of 5.48m, while the maximum gradient and dynamic side slopes are 60% and 40% respectively. The vehicle can cross a vertical step of 35cm, and can ford a depth of 76cm without preparation. The vehicle is equipped with a ring mount weapon system providing 360 degree coverage for the 12.7mm heavy machine gun, or 40mm automatic grenade launcher from the turret mounted over the center of vehicle, and the swivel stations armed with either 5.56mm or 7.62mm machine guns on each of the four door frames. The Flyer can be reconfigured for rescue and personnel recovery with a five patient litter, reconnaissance, command and control, cargo resupply with a 1360kg payload, communications, light strike assault vehicle, or as a C4ISR (Sensor, UAV, SOWT,RSTA) variant. The Flyer is equipped with B6 ballistic protection. Curb weight 2041kg.

The Flyer Tactical Vehicle will be on display at the Military Technology Exhibition Periphery Tour and will participate in the Outdoor Assault Obstacle Course and the Live Fire Challenge Exhibition

For inquiries please contact Aerospaziale della Galassia sales representative Ophelia Bellomo at
        #5467.443.67592.231960..673

« Last Edit: 15 November 2017, 00:03:50 by eilidhdawn »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1238 on: 07 November 2017, 16:22:28 »
I'm not sure if this can do anything that the Karnov doesn't already do.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1239 on: 07 November 2017, 17:19:00 »
Agreed, this seems less capable than the Karnov, but it also seems smaller and cheaper...

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1240 on: 08 November 2017, 17:03:23 »
I'll have to think that one over.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1241 on: 21 November 2017, 15:12:28 »
Just a reminder Sunday is funday

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1242 on: 21 November 2017, 16:41:28 »
 O0

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1243 on: 25 November 2017, 15:08:46 »
What is everyone bringing?  I'm planning to bring my Karnov and BA, Warrior vtol, and Griffin.  My Hussar will be my ready-5.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1244 on: 26 November 2017, 23:07:03 »
So how did it go?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1245 on: 27 November 2017, 16:48:24 »
A lance of Harassers, a pair of Karnovs, and a plethora of small vehicles started poking the area. Whenwe showed up they fired a few warning shots, most hitting my Warrior vtol, and departed.  Jack beat up some of Devondra's scout BA with bare hands.  We all went home and my techs cursed at me.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1246 on: 27 November 2017, 17:29:21 »
When we eventually catch up with them, we will have to remonstrate with them heavily about warning shots hitting things...

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1247 on: 27 November 2017, 19:43:44 »
Agreed.

Shadhawk, Who do you recommend I contact to get a Phoenix Hawk 3K?  As far as I can tell, the factory that they were being produced at was taken by the Wolves in our last Alpha Strike game.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1248 on: 28 November 2017, 13:32:22 »
Shadhawk, Who do you recommend I contact to get a Phoenix Hawk 3K?  As far as I can tell, the factory that they were being produced at was taken by the Wolves in our last Alpha Strike game.

Honest Joe's Used Mech Lot  :D or you can try Rolland's cousin Murry in the valley as he does retail and a little wholesale  ::)

Metal Storm. That is the crew you have been dealing with. He may be able to get his hands on one. you do know that thing is 8,288,490 C-Bills with out the transport mark up. with it you are looking at 10,360,612.50 C-Bills. maybe look at something 3025 as they are a lot less.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1249 on: 29 November 2017, 16:50:22 »
3025 tech may be cheaper, but they die much more easily.  I'll see about the Piranhas instead.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1250 on: 29 November 2017, 17:06:35 »
3025 tech may be cheaper, but they die much more easily.  I'll see about the Piranhas instead.

That is up to the unit. Some Luke the P Hawk 1D do not die that easy. No ammo so no boom.
Any 3025 energy boat is hard to kill

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1251 on: 30 November 2017, 16:48:16 »
For me, it's still equivalent to using a WW1 biplane late in WW2.
How hard would it be to convert it to double heat sinks?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1252 on: 30 November 2017, 17:45:13 »
For me, it's still equivalent to using a WW1 biplane late in WW2.

Some of the WWII planes were wood and fabric and did very well.

Many of the 3025 energy boats used correct will make many new tech toys very unhappy. Heat management is / was part of B T back in the day.

How hard would it be to convert it to double heat sinks?

That will require the 'mech getting stripped down to the frame so the the heat exchange system (heat sinks) can be up graded. You also would want a veteran or better tech doing that. Nothing like having all that work done and they still work like single heat sinks. It will tie up a repair bay for about a month and is not something that can be started then put off. To top it all off you would have to buy the double heat sinks on top of the cost of the mech getting the upgrade and have the room in the mech as they take up a lot of internal space.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1253 on: 01 December 2017, 17:26:06 »
I'll have to think on that, then.  What about dropping two medium lasers in favor of ECM so I can replace the standard armor with stealth armor?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1254 on: 01 December 2017, 19:39:52 »
I'll have to think on that, then.  What about dropping two medium lasers in favor of ECM so I can replace the standard armor with stealth armor?
You can try to do that. The major problem is the stealth armor. The Cap Con may not want to sell you its latest hot toy. The E C M is not that big of a deal as it has been around for awhile. You also have to keep in mind it will take a tech time to strip down the mech add the Guardian and add the new armor. Plus tie the armor and Guardian together. All of this needing tech rolls.

I like that you are looking at ways to upgrade your unit. I am not looking to talk you out of this just letting you know what has to be done.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1255 on: 02 December 2017, 17:03:32 »
It's tempting to drop the two medium lasers in favor of ECM and regular armor.
I want to officially contact the Diamond Sharks about the Piranhas.  Can this be done online or at the next game on the 17th?
« Last Edit: 02 December 2017, 17:05:23 by jimdigris »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1256 on: 04 December 2017, 15:40:46 »
It's tempting to drop the two medium lasers in favor of ECM and regular armor.

Just keep in mind that you have to buy the mech and the E C M
Me, I would look at a PHX-1 P-Hawk for this upgrade. Take out the MG's and ammo add the Guardian and add a half ton of armor. You keep most of the fire power and get some extra armor.

I want to officially contact the Diamond Sharks about the Piranhas.  Can this be done online or at the next game on the 17th?

How ever you would like.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1257 on: 04 December 2017, 17:36:02 »
The PHX-1 costs about the same, but I would prefer the two extra heat sinks that come with the 1-D.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1258 on: 04 December 2017, 19:41:19 »
The PHX-1 costs about the same, but I would prefer the two extra heat sinks that come with the 1-D.

That is your call. Just having only a large laser fir your weapons load out is very light for a 45 ton mech. If you are looking for more bang for your buck then look at a light mech. 3025 / 3039 has some lights that can be upgraded. 3055 or 3058 have some lights that will work also.

If you want to swing out to my place over the weekend that will not be a problem. We can talk over all what you want to do then. Just let me know what day and what time if you do want to swing out.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1259 on: 05 December 2017, 10:05:45 »
Panther!

Register