Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166964 times)

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #450 on: 22 June 2017, 14:19:59 »
Started playing Giga Wrecker recently.  I got it during this year's steam summer sale that started today.  So far so good (In terms of the game)  It's been made by the same developers of Pokémon

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #451 on: 22 June 2017, 15:56:14 »
Just Cause 3. I'd say more, but I'm too busy surfing jet fighters into statues.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #452 on: 23 June 2017, 06:35:17 »
Just started playing Gigantic (still in beta, evidently). It's an action MOBA, played third person perspective style. I really like the quirky art style, though I doubt I will ever be really "good" at the game. It requires faster reflexes than I have.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #453 on: 23 June 2017, 06:40:47 »
Picked up the Division.  Pretty fun so far.

It's a wonderfully immersive game. I wish my laptop's GFX card was better.

The Cleaners suck. Period.

Paul Rhodes. Oh, lawdy, Paul Rhodes. He really makes the game worth it.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #454 on: 23 June 2017, 10:57:52 »
star crawlers...
finally out of beta fun simple romp through the dungeons but in wait for it....space!
yah not much changed there but game play is a bit like some of the very early might and magic stuff
still fun if you are into retro with high def graphics
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #455 on: 23 June 2017, 18:44:48 »
It's a wonderfully immersive game. I wish my laptop's GFX card was better.

The Cleaners suck. Period.

Paul Rhodes. Oh, lawdy, Paul Rhodes. He really makes the game worth it.
Excellent game and story.  Not a fan of the must have team aspect of it or the darkzone.  I have yet to survive more than 5 minutes in the darkzone without sherpas.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #456 on: 23 June 2017, 22:43:05 »
Two games have recently crossed into my targeting sights.
MasterxMaster: NCSoft's answer to the gaming shared universe like Heroes of the Storm. As a Moba-ish dungeon crawler with PVE and PVP, it feels rather like an arcade and that's fine with me. I've only spent a day on it, but I do plan on playing more.

At the moment I'm downloading The Secret World Legends because it has gone Free to Play and I always wanted to join the Illuminati.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #457 on: 24 June 2017, 03:43:36 »
Excellent game and story.  Not a fan of the must have team aspect of it or the darkzone.  I have yet to survive more than 5 minutes in the darkzone without sherpas.

Have yet to venture into the darkzone (and in all likelihood, that won't happen until I have a better comp to play it on), but I enjoy playing it with friends.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #458 on: 12 July 2017, 20:46:27 »
Picked up the Necromancer pack for Diablo 3 and have been playing through the campaign again, and then onto Adventure mode again!

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #459 on: 12 July 2017, 21:34:49 »
I noticed alot friends of mine playing Diablo 3. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #460 on: 13 July 2017, 00:09:56 »
Lately I've just been going through nearly all the Elder Scrolls games I have. Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, and even the Legends card game.

I do have Battlespire and Redguard, but I haven't the itch to play them just yet.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #461 on: 13 July 2017, 06:18:39 »
I'm such a grundnar, been trying to get myself to fully invest in steam.  I've been eyeing Civ6, Void Destroyer (maybe it's sequel depending on how BAD my computer is)
« Last Edit: 13 July 2017, 13:51:57 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #462 on: 13 July 2017, 12:36:30 »
Zelda: A Link to the Past, with an eye on memorizing the game and then moving on to the very popular Randomizer mod.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #463 on: 13 July 2017, 12:48:06 »
front missions 4 for ps2
damn i missed that one...a lot and armored core last raven...
how the blank these never made into pc port ill never know....
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #464 on: 13 July 2017, 13:53:04 »
front missions 4 for ps2
damn i missed that one...a lot and armored core last raven...
how the blank these never made into pc port ill never know....
Yeah, I love that game.  My bro has his PS2 still, I get to play my game once in a while.  I get really suckered in to trying decide which direction to go since there 2 forks to choose from.  Front Mission 3 still my favorite thou.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #465 on: 16 July 2017, 01:24:23 »
front missions 4 for ps2

I love FM4; was excited when I first heard about FM Online, but then was frustrated to hear it was only available in Japan. FM Evolved sounds like an Armored Core clone, which is not why I play FM games.

Got into Earth Defense Force because of a friend. Post of a cheesy giant insect killing game. Silly fun at its finest. Best played with friends.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #466 on: 16 July 2017, 10:14:21 »
Picked up Cold Waters.  It's the submarine portion of Red Storm Rising essentially.  Loads of fun, nice cross between arcade and sim.  Sunk my first Kirov cruiser this morning and was then promplty sunk by three helicopter dropped torps.  I really need to stop using Harpoons.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #467 on: 17 July 2017, 13:43:33 »
I love FM4; was excited when I first heard about FM Online, but then was frustrated to hear it was only available in Japan. FM Evolved sounds like an Armored Core clone, which is not why I play FM games.

Got into Earth Defense Force because of a friend. Post of a cheesy giant insect killing game. Silly fun at its finest. Best played with friends.
I've yet to play it, but from what i get from HBS's Battletech gives me the Front Mission vibe.  I can't wait to play that.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #468 on: 20 July 2017, 10:20:09 »
ok had any one messed a bit with this one yet?
Poseidon - Project Dark Sky
is it worth it?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #469 on: 20 July 2017, 14:47:18 »
If you have Steam, Humble Bundle has the Shadow Warrior remake for free for the next day or so. It's a neat game, far better than the original.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #470 on: 21 July 2017, 04:25:05 »
Been trying out Dreadnought, now that it's in Open Beta. So far, I like it better than Fractured Space; though similar in some ways (MOBA type game), they have their differences, as well. In Dreadnought, you do have ship tiers to progress through, and you don't have statted crew. The reverse is true for Fractured Space.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #471 on: 21 July 2017, 09:44:58 »
I tried Dreadnought out at PAX East like 2 years ago.  It was like playing a old side-down rail shooter style Starblade arcade game when i was kid in early 1990s.  Where you were basically a gunner, with little to no control of the ship. I've been told later that they can be positioned/moved somewhat.  It properly different now.  Each ship in Dreadnought has unique role, like sniper etc.  It was fun at PAX East, but i'm surprised it took soo long to come out.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #472 on: 24 July 2017, 14:57:16 »
Matrix Games had send me coupon. I used it to buy Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun. I played first 2 tutorial scenarios moments ago. This looks much like Shogun: Total War, but is entirely turn-based. Game play & controls are similar to Battle Academy series, but scale is different with hundreds of soldier in a "counter". And facing matters whole damn lot: flank attacks are devastating. Gotta keep the lines straight, flanks covered, and still have reserves to fill gaps in the line and mount flanking attacks. Easier said than done: units like to pursue fleeing enemy and run off the map while doing it.

[edit]
Let's play video of the game I had watched before buying it
« Last Edit: 24 July 2017, 15:00:41 by Matti »
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #473 on: 24 July 2017, 16:17:36 »
ok since i am going to have an extended stay at hospital in few days my buddy offloaded mass effect on me...and no i had not played it or looked at it when it came out...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #474 on: 25 July 2017, 00:19:56 »
Pretty much completed Gundam Breaker 3 and now playing the asia release of SD Gundam G Generation Genesis.

I can't believe my old habits of replaying early missions to unlock Mobile suit developement came back so soon.  Currently my selectable fleet is at the starter ship, a Gaw, and a Zanzibar.  My mobile suit complement is at least Advance of Zeta to ZZ Gundam and I've only gone as far storywise to finish the 0079 story and both MS Igloo stories.  I'm about to start the 0080 missions with backup in the form of the Queen Mantha, Big Rang, Full Armor 7th Gundam and the Dendrobium for my mobile armors.  Thinking of picking up the Jotenheim for space carrier use too for that section.

THUD

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #475 on: 25 July 2017, 09:21:48 »
Gundam Breaker is crazy fun. I have one and two but three is still too expensive for my blood.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #476 on: 26 July 2017, 20:34:14 »
After playing Diablo 3 extensively again, I got the itch to fire up Diablo 2 once more and start up another Druid, going for a Werebear build.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #477 on: 28 July 2017, 12:01:56 »
DOOM (2016). While I love survival horror-- this game knows it's audience to a 'T' and doesn't skip a beat in it's 13+ hrs. Absolutely LOVE it!!
Although, I do wish the DLC content was targeted toward the single player campaign. PvP is not at all why I purchased. Also, I wish I had a better PC... chug, chug, chug!...

Thinking about picking up Space Hulk: Deathwing again. After the latest patch, it's supposed to be really good. PvE Co-op should be promising. 

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #478 on: 28 July 2017, 13:02:08 »
DOOM (2016).
Also, I wish I had a better PC... chug, chug, chug!...
Doesn't that just remind of you about playing the first & original Doom on 386 processor? ;)
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #479 on: 28 July 2017, 13:22:56 »
Ha! Indeed.  8)