Author Topic: Campaign Ops Key Locations Benefit Table  (Read 3199 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Campaign Ops Key Locations Benefit Table
« on: 13 July 2016, 18:34:00 »
Saw this sample table in the Map Campaign book, and it is by no means exhaustive but I sort of got excited about it since it covers some things discussed in forum topics over the years.  I read though this portion of the book because along with IO, its what I was looking for though I already had a lot of it set up I was looking for 'balance' which I was not certain I got.

With that praise out, I wanted to expand on what it offered and see if anyone could contribute other ideas- of course some of it depends on your level of detail!

First, what is taken care of is . . . airfield, city, DropPort, factory*, fortress, SeaPort, Supply Depot**.

Generally I think what they suggest is fine though I would look a bit closer at the city, mostly because I am detail oriented with my spreadsheets tracking parts & fuel.

For factory I think it needs to be looked at in . . . say 5 ways.  First, factory types- civilian/light industrial, heavy industrial (support vehicles like tractors, combines, etc or things like hydroelectric turbines), IndustrialMech factory, battlemech factory, combat vehicle factory, ASF/Small Craft factory, Dropship shipyard, wet shipyard, small arms factory and munitions factory.

IndiMech factory- no cost (in your supplies) to repair myomer/internal structure mechs for units in that map space- basically you are confiscating their on hand supply/production.  Unlimited mech cubicles to repair battlemechs IF you have the parts/ammo in your supply train.

Battlemech factory- no cost (in your supplies) to completely repair mechs for units in that map space- basically you are confiscating their on hand supply/production.  Can also repair armor/weapons on combat vehicles but not internal structure points or damaged systems (stabilizers, ICE engines, motive damage) except turret lock and sensors.  Unlimited mech cubicles to repair battlemechs, also provides space/tools for combat vehicles.

combat vehicle factory-  no cost (in your supplies) to completely repair vehicles for units in that map space- basically you are confiscating their on hand supply/production.  Can also repair armor/weapons on mechs but not internal structure points, myomer/actuator, or damaged systems which would not be found on vehicles.  Unlimited vehicle cubicles to repair combat vehicles.

Follow in the same vein for the ASF/DS shpyard.  BA factory would only offer platoon weapon replacements and do nothing for other equipment types.

Civilian/Light Industry would only provide a meta advantage of funding to the backing power, heavy industry factories would only offer to repair motive type damage for vehicles along with meta funding, and of course munitions factories can re-arm any equipment on hand.  Heavy industrial COULD be myomer production would would be a benefit to either side in a campaign.

For supply depot . . . I think the defender should list what is in the depot, specific or generic depends on how much you are tracking each ton of armor or round of LRM is being used up.  Which means if the trucks are on hand a defender could clear out a threatened supply depot . . . or I guess blow it rather than let it be captured.

With that out of the way . . . some other ones to add!

PetroChem Refinery- capturing it gives X amount of ICE & Aero fuel to the attacking side If a defender tries to retake it, they may find the attacker took all the production which would require a strategic turn to determine new output.  Small/Medium/Large flavors with a GM or agreed upon amount of production and on-site storage.

Fuel Storage Facility-  Sort of above, but no new production but rather storage for what is brought to the place.  Facility speeds up refueling of vehicles in formations in that zone.  Facility can be depleted which then offers no benefit.

Highway- faster movement through that zone but hinders 'scout' orders using that benefit.  Speeds supply/support convoys for combat forces.

Railway-  If in control of rolling stock, speeds movement of supply for things like fuel, ammo, parts and food.

HPG- Morale boost due to communication off planet, damage would bring ComStar in

Sat UpLink- Depending on numbers of satellites controlled, a related number of 'peeks' in a zone during a strategic turn where the other side does not know the peeks occurred.  Can be destroyed like other assets.

Orbital Defense Site- if existing in the timeline a ODS with SubCap weapons can try to interdict DropShip movements.

Pass- Discounts any movement penalties for formations crossing mountain/hill terrain

Bridge- Discounts water movement problems

Ford- Discounts water movement problems if all forces can cross shallow water

Firebase- place for artillery to operate for CFF

What else can you think of?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Ghost cub

• Private
  • Long time GM getting back into Battletech
Re: Campaign Ops Key Locations Benefit Table
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2016, 20:14:37 »
Brewery/Distillery reduction in fatigue or increase in morale

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2016, 20:31:21 »
Pokestop.
All your units must make piloting checks or crash into another unit (or solid terrain if no other unit).  On a 12, find a rare Pokemon.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2016, 20:33:23 »
If I had not seen the nearby cemetary filled with cars driving around that might actually be funny.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2016, 22:07:13 »
Television news stations/radio station - for propaganda (reduce/incite civil unrest), unit morale (Tokyo Rose, Air America, Axis Sally, etc) and misinformation (unit A is here when they are actually over there) purposes
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2016, 17:50:22 »
Possibilities are endless.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2016, 18:16:46 »
Sure, but I was just posting this to come up with some ideas, share those ideas, and perhaps see if any where too overblown.
Colt Ward

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2016, 21:51:45 »
First rule of the forums. No matter how sane, rational, or well intentioned a post is, it will always get blow up and taken over lol

Though I do like a lot of the ideas you posted.
Railway-  If in control of rolling stock, speeds movement of supply for things like fuel, ammo, parts and food.
Would you consider Mag Lev part of this or separate?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2016, 22:55:14 »
Same sort of situation . . . but you might also throw in controlling a power plant to power it along with the rolling stock.  But afaik in BTU they are only feasible going from really big industrial city to really big industrial city . . . so IMO at least regional capitals, maybe only national capitals & Terra would have them.
Colt Ward

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2016, 00:29:37 »
I only asked as I vaguely remember the GDL using them in one of the novels to move troops/mechs.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2016, 08:12:21 »
Yeah, DefHes . . . for transporting mechs from the factory to the spaceport.
Colt Ward

Register