Author Topic: Perseus-Cepheus Cloud Complex  (Read 2657 times)

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
Perseus-Cepheus Cloud Complex
« on: 26 October 2016, 10:08:56 »
I'd like to inquire about this particular feature on Deep Periphery maps, located "below" (i.e. rimward) of the Capellans, the Canopians, and the Taurians.

Wikipedia says it is a region of new star formation, and by that, I assume its stars are at the beginning of the Main Sequence in astronomy [O,B,A...]

What exactly does the canon BattleTech writing say about the Perseus-Cepheus Cloud Complex?

The first thing that comes to mind when I see it on a map is that it's YUGE. ::)  The name, however, reminds me of the Borg Unicomplex in Star Trek. :D

Does anyone think it could be hospitable to human life? (i.e. mainstream humanity) Or even "alien" life (non-sentient ET life, or very much genetically engineered humans)?
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Perseus-Cepheus Cloud Complex
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2016, 11:45:42 »
Interstellar Players III discusses the area a little bit.  Apparently, it's mostly a gas-and-dust-choked nebula, little habitable within it, but it makes for a pretty sight in the night sky if you're anywhere close.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!