Author Topic: Class B Ordnance  (Read 2215 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Class B Ordnance
« on: 22 February 2017, 19:37:36 »
On page 3 of the Infantry Weapon Tables v3.0 (last revision 29 March 2013), there are three weapons that use Class B Ordnance.

The "Mini Grenade" appears to have its damage value correct within a rounding error of the AToW Companion (page 170) conversion formula (the table has 0.27, I get 0.28).

The "Grenade Launcher" in the table has a value of 0.81, but I get 0.84 using the formula.

The "Automatic Grenade Launcher" has 1.49 in the table, but I get 0.99. (EDIT: The previous value was an artefact of my trying to determine the error.  Doubling the Burst value won't get it up to 1.49).

The formula yields consistent results with the table values for weapons using Class A, C, and inferno ammunition of all sizes (within rounding errors or less).

The problem is that the three Class B (non-inferno) weapons have three different results (rounding error, too low, and too high).  It seems unlikely that at least two completely different errors would have been made in calculation, so I'm left wondering if there's a rule I'm missing somewhere.  If not, I'll copy this over to the errata thread.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2017, 06:32:35 by Daryk »

Register