Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases: The Ninth Circle  (Read 223232 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Re: New and Upcoming Releases: The Ninth Circle
« Reply #1410 on: 24 June 2017, 23:57:49 »
So will you ever tell us how much different it is than the story Herb and Ben wrote, or it that plot line now relegated to the ash heap of history?  I mean, if it's gone, why not tell us / let them tell us what WOULD have happened.....

If you head over to Ben Rome's blog you'll get what you're looking for.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #1411 on: 25 June 2017, 00:46:12 »
So...what's the chance we'll get new product before we get a new "Coming Releases" thread? ;D

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1412 on: 25 June 2017, 09:26:36 »
If you head over to Ben Rome's blog you'll get what you're looking for.

Agreed.
I think some time after ilClan was published Ben Rome might write "What if ilClan story would be his".
However it is quite interesting, IIRC Ben wrote that he wrote the main story of ilClan once.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1413 on: 25 June 2017, 09:37:02 »
So...what's the chance we'll get new product before we get a new "Coming Releases" thread? ;D
I've already been made a liar on the subject a few times, so I won't say… :)
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1414 on: 25 June 2017, 09:41:11 »
Seems kinda rudder-less in the Battletech universe. I hope something gets released....but then again I want DTF of a book at Gencon.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #1415 on: 25 June 2017, 09:44:36 »
Seems kinda rudder-less in the Battletech universe. I hope something gets released....but then again I want DTF of a book at Gencon.

I'll be fair here: the new line developer has had his job for under a month now. It's less "no rudder" and more "going through a shift change."
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1416 on: 25 June 2017, 10:10:09 »
I've already been made a liar on the subject a few times, so I won't say… :)
Come on. You are hardly a liar, these are real life issues ...  :)
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

GespenstM

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1417 on: 25 June 2017, 10:43:04 »
I'll be fair here: the new line developer has had his job for under a month now. It's less "no rudder" and more "going through a shift change."

Pretty much this. Even I'm laying off of them on my major complaints for the time being. For all I know, he might very well be planning to address the issues on my mind or might come across them and go "...Huh. Why DIDN'T we take care of issue X? Seems like something we could do, I'mma look into this."

Hoping for the best.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1418 on: 25 June 2017, 10:55:48 »

Yeah. I finally have a summer off from studying medical stuff. So I had noticed peripherally that there hadn't been alot of products. So when I swung in I noticed things seemed to be crawling.

But I didn't notice until yesterday that Ben Rome left in october.

I don't know if you follow Randall Bills on twitter or anything but that guy always seems on the verge of over work collapse.

We should all pitch in and get the guy an anti-anxiety dog or something.

Anyways. Things should be better now with the new device team.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1419 on: 25 June 2017, 11:48:35 »
Also Dragonfire. They've got a winning system anyways. I haven't met anyone who doesn't love Shadowrun crossfire. But that's just one they have to get right. Dungeons and Dragons has been normalized. It's mainstream now. They have the mass market appeal. So landing that right is what pushes catalyst towards being fantasy flight some day if they play their cards right. (I never pun. :o oh no!)

So it makes sense to shove resources towards that project. Hopefully they will reproduce crossfire to take advantage of people who like Dragonfire and want more.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1420 on: 25 June 2017, 12:23:54 »
I understand that there is some restructure pains going on right now in the Battletech world.
Im sure it will all be fixed and things will be moving on forward.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1421 on: 25 June 2017, 18:04:03 »
I understand that there is some restructure pains going on right now in the Battletech world.
Im sure it will all be fixed and things will be moving on forward.

It's probably the best time for it instead or starting something then having to halt to fix internal issues

I've got no real complaints really I love the PDF lines at the moment XTRO, Touring the Stars, Spotlight on

I'd love to see more Operational Turning Points too

Big  books I can wait for everything to be settled I get PDFs pretty much exclusively now unless something special like Reaving happens again so no rush
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1422 on: 25 June 2017, 19:18:36 »
Without transparency there no way know what's wrong.  Its frustrating.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1423 on: 25 June 2017, 19:43:52 »
The thing I wonder about is if Brent will have more of a presence on the forums than Randall did. Not expecting the Adrian level chattering like a teenage girl, but a post a month to answer questions or brag about some new project that will be released soon would be a nice change of pace O0 ;D

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #1424 on: 25 June 2017, 19:43:52 »
As a gamer and customer, I don't really need to know unless this was a kick-starter I already put money into.

This forum freaks out at the smallest bit of negative news so I don't blame CGL for keeping things close to the vest regarding new stuff.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #1425 on: 25 June 2017, 20:33:48 »
As a gamer and customer, I don't really need to know unless this was a kick-starter I already put money into.

This forum freaks out at the smallest bit of negative news so I don't blame CGL for keeping things close to the vest regarding new stuff.

Fans freak out. Period. I hope that the new LD understand that and don't keep the fans in the dark. Like we were in the last few years. After all, bad news are better than the speculation of no news at all

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1426 on: 25 June 2017, 21:11:54 »

I can't think of many pieces of news worse to receive than further delays to plot continuation at this point, but I think the reaction to the potential delay of ilClan has been rather mild, don't you? I don't see a single torch or pitchfork out yet. Which really rather speaks volumes towards my theory that being informed when there's a delay is a balm against panic, and it's silence that's toxic.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1427 on: 25 June 2017, 21:24:48 »
Without transparency there no way know what's wrong.  Its frustrating.
Which really rather speaks volumes towards my theory that being informed when there's a delay is a balm against panic, and it's silence that's toxic.
I think I've been transparent and have been fairly decent in relaying timelines and delays as best I can. And I agree, I haven't seen much in the way of torches and pitchforks in some time. All I see is the understandable frustrations of wanting more , wanting it soon, and of course the frustrations of products coming out that aren't what one particularly wants. I get that.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1428 on: 25 June 2017, 21:43:43 »
This isn't towards you in a negative way at all., Adrian Gideon. 
We know you don't have much power over the situation. 

Thank you for your reassurance you given us.

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1429 on: 25 June 2017, 21:47:32 »
Sorry my Dungeons and Dragons group doesn't meet until Monday's so I can't buy torches and pitchforks until tomorrow at discount prices because of my super high Charisma stat....

But then I do work at a home improvement store..... perhaps I can start selling them to the masses and making a profit.......

But seriously now: Am I disappointed that IlClans delayed : of course. Am I disappointed that 2SW is delayed in print and PDF: of course

Yet I realize that we're humans and delays happen and yelling at people doesn't make time move faster: Deloreans and Phone Booths do!!!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1430 on: 25 June 2017, 23:17:17 »
The thing I wonder about is if Brent will have more of a presence on the forums than Randall did. Not expecting the Adrian level chattering like a teenage girl, but a post a month to answer questions or brag about some new project that will be released soon would be a nice change of pace O0 ;D

I'm not sure that is a great idea. On one hand it makes sense for him to communicate with fans but on the other it didn't work out so great for Herb.

Ray has a unique skill set where he can function as a community manager and de-escalate really well... and is good at art and layouts.

He asks the right questions. He knows why people are upset. Like... SteveRestless brings it hard on the forums sometimes. But it's just because he wants more battletech stuff.

It's like working retail when a customer comes to return something. They just want to know that they won't lose their money. Anger is just a symptom of that fear.

Just from observing the company reaction to the 3250 stuff it doesn't seem worth it for the line developer to pop in. If community backlash can have drastic repurcussions why risk it?

But let's talk about some new releases.

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1431 on: 26 June 2017, 00:34:52 »
Been lurking for a while. Any news on when Combat Manual Davion is supposd to come out? Or why it's delayed? Wasn't te art showed at GenCon last year? Ir was that for some other book?

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1432 on: 26 June 2017, 05:13:23 »
When did this place become so Adult like....

Was it during the 2nd SSW that the old battle wagon Bismark came riding to the rescue of Defiance on Hesperus II? I can't wait tell I read about that battle it has always been one of the most epic moments in Battletech form me .
What does the fox say?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1433 on: 26 June 2017, 05:30:11 »
When did this place become so Adult like....

Was it during the 2nd SSW that the old battle wagon Bismark came riding to the rescue of Defiance on Hesperus II? I can't wait tell I read about that battle it has always been one of the most epic moments in Battletech form me .
You mean Invincible.  Hopefully we'll be able to read about it soon.  We get glimmers of it in TRO: 3057 Revised and other source books but hopefully 2nd SW will fill in those gaps in full.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1434 on: 26 June 2017, 19:45:24 »
I think I've been transparent and have been fairly decent in relaying timelines and delays as best I can. And I agree, I haven't seen much in the way of torches and pitchforks in some time. All I see is the understandable frustrations of wanting more , wanting it soon, and of course the frustrations of products coming out that aren't what one particularly wants. I get that.

Maybe I misread, but I fear I may be being misinterpreted here. While I'm quite upset that the release is thrown into potential jeopardy, I'm happy that we had a projected timeframe, and something happened, and we've been updated that it's uncertain now. I just couldn't resist pointing out that in a time of great unrest, the reaction has been rather sedate, and how it vindicates what I've been saying. I'm happy enough to at least be informed that I've managed not to voice some of my thoughts on the nature of the delay.

Please, keep up the good work, Adrian. I hope you're allowed to give us more to calibrate our expectations by in the near future.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1435 on: 26 June 2017, 20:12:06 »
Maybe I misread, but I fear I may be being misinterpreted here.
I don't think so. I was agreeing with you--unless I misread something.
Point being: I believe transparency is a good thing—I think I've been as up-front as I can, and do believe it's been appreciated.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1436 on: 26 June 2017, 20:25:39 »
Ah, I did misread then. Carry on.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #1437 on: 26 June 2017, 20:42:35 »
You mean Invincible.  Hopefully we'll be able to read about it soon.  We get glimmers of it in TRO: 3057 Revised and other source books but hopefully 2nd SW will fill in those gaps in full.

It does show up in the appropriate section of 2SW. It jumps into the system at the last minute, looks at the Kurita fleet and does its best Crocodile Dundee impression yelling, "That's not a Warship...THIS is a Warship!" And then House Kurita ceases to have a fleet.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1438 on: 26 June 2017, 20:50:23 »
Completely appreciated Adrian
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1439 on: 26 June 2017, 21:12:44 »
It does show up in the appropriate section of 2SW. It jumps into the system at the last minute, looks at the Kurita fleet and does its best Crocodile Dundee impression yelling, "That's not a Warship...THIS is a Warship!" And then House Kurita ceases to have a fleet.
Considering the Kuritans (sadly) have never had a ship bigger than a Aegis Heavy Cruiser, that would put little more shock in their socks to to speak.