Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases: The Ninth Circle  (Read 221962 times)

Doom

• Master Sergeant
Re: New and Upcoming Releases: The Ninth Circle
« Reply #1440 on: 12 July 2017, 17:39:08 »
Is it possible that the Second Succession War books at Origins were just a limited run to have them for that con, and that TPTB are waiting for the full print run to come out before releasng the PDF for general sale? If so, maybe GenCon is when we'll be able to buy it? Just curious/hoping. :)

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #1441 on: 12 July 2017, 18:20:34 »
Is it possible that the Second Succession War books at Origins were just a limited run to have them for that con, and that TPTB are waiting for the full print run to come out before releasng the PDF for general sale? If so, maybe GenCon is when we'll be able to buy it? Just curious/hoping. :)
No, CGL is literally out of people to put the book in the store. That's what they told us weeks ago

ds9guy

• Sergeant
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
« Reply #1442 on: 12 July 2017, 19:07:49 »
Is ilClan still coming out this year?  I saw a post a couple pages back which seemed to shed some doubt. 

Death by Lasers

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1443 on: 12 July 2017, 19:15:04 »
  I think it is earlier in this thread but from what I remember the IlClan has been postponed due to the shift in direction with the changing of the guard.  My impression is that they are saying that maybe we will get it this year but it is unlikely.
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

J.R.R Tolikien, The Two Towers

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1444 on: 12 July 2017, 19:49:46 »
  I think it is earlier in this thread but from what I remember the IlClan has been postponed due to the shift in direction with the changing of the guard.  My impression is that they are saying that maybe we will get it this year but it is unlikely.
***ugh*** 
I hope your wrong about it.  These guys are killing us with this sort thing going on.

I should be grateful there IS a Second Succession Wars book at all.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1445 on: 12 July 2017, 19:58:11 »
I should be grateful there IS a Second Succession Wars book at all.

Is there though? It could all be an elaborate conspiracy between TPTB and people who went to origins just to gaslight us all for their amusement  ;) all we can REALLY, verifiably, say exists is some cover art.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1446 on: 12 July 2017, 20:25:16 »
If I remember stuff came out less then a month prior to a big con like Gencon. I'm sure with the problems with the website and CGL has delayed that a bit.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #1447 on: 13 July 2017, 08:05:48 »

There's no way it's a limited run. There might have been a small amount shipped air to make it to Origins but no separate print runs.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #1448 on: 14 July 2017, 00:25:24 »
So I just discovered that this thread had also talked about the WWE announcement. I just want to mention that if anyone has any questions they want to ask about it, if you post them in this thread I'll be more than happy to answer them there and with as much detail as I can provide.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #1449 on: 15 July 2017, 09:20:57 »
One for @Adrian Gideon

Speaking of Second Succession war, any word since the Interdiction on a PDF release date/window/timeline?

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1450 on: 15 July 2017, 14:27:50 »
Speaking of Second Succession war, any word since the Interdiction on a PDF release date/window/timeline?
I have an answer to the question of when, one which I think we'll all be pleased by, and I want to post it. But if I do...

If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Death by Lasers

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1451 on: 15 July 2017, 14:55:28 »
Good enough for me ;D
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1452 on: 17 July 2017, 12:33:53 »
Any news on the Turning Points that were discussed a while ago? Or are those subject to the same PDF-for-sale issues as 2SW?  :)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1453 on: 17 July 2017, 12:43:50 »
there has been a steady stream of official 2SW tweets so... Soon™?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #1454 on: 17 July 2017, 13:28:12 »
2SW Facebook posts, too.

Hopefully that's a good sign.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1455 on: 17 July 2017, 13:30:27 »
2SW Facebook posts, too.

Hope is the last thing you lose...
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1456 on: 17 July 2017, 13:42:47 »
2SW Facebook posts, too.

Noticed that also. I hope that is a teaser for what comes soon....in PDF at least.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #1457 on: 17 July 2017, 14:45:52 »
Hope is the last thing you lose...

Your car keys, of course, are first.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #1458 on: 17 July 2017, 14:59:41 »
Twitter/Facebook posts are being repeated on this site's front page.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #1459 on: 17 July 2017, 15:23:02 »
Your car keys, of course, are first.

I thought the first was my already tenuous grip on reality.

As for the 2SW, and Battletech products in general, how many people are planning on purchasing a physical copy of the book?

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1460 on: 17 July 2017, 16:05:23 »

That one comes after your lens (wich are in your forehead, but you did not notice).  ;D
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #1461 on: 17 July 2017, 16:18:18 »

As for the 2SW, and Battletech products in general, how many people are planning on purchasing a physical copy of the book?

Me. I always buy physical books. Look better on the bookshelf and I don't worry about battery life!
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1462 on: 17 July 2017, 17:30:00 »
For "narrative" books, physical. Bought FSW as PDF at first, read 20-some pages and decided reading from display wasn't fun. So i bought a physical book once it was available.

TROs and Combat Manuals and rulebooks and other such where i read just entry here or there work just fine as PDFs.

Unfortunately this will suck for IlClan. Even if the PDF and physical book were released at the same time in the US, it will take time for physical books to appear here in Finland... meaning i need to go to blackout to avoid spoilers and stuff.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #1463 on: 17 July 2017, 18:11:00 »
Definitely physical. I won't bother with PDF unless, through some miracle, CGL offers me work again.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Death by Lasers

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1464 on: 17 July 2017, 18:26:57 »
  I have to be honest, pretty much everything I read is digital these days.  Aside from being cheaper the convenience of having my library just a couple clicks away anywhere I go has brought to the digital side.  That and the memories of carting backbreaking mountains of books to and from the library during my graduate school days :(

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1465 on: 17 July 2017, 18:27:28 »

Exclusively PDF. I like being able to carry entire libraries worth of books in a device that weighs less than one book. Given how disorganized many of the Modern Battletech books are, I would not be interested in buying most of them without the ability to ctrl+f for things I'm actually researching.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #1466 on: 17 July 2017, 19:23:28 »
Aside from being cheaper the convenience of having my library just a couple clicks away anywhere I go has brought to the digital side. 

I like being able to carry entire libraries worth of books in a device that weighs less than one book.

Agree with these.

For "narrative" books, physical. Bought FSW as PDF at first, read 20-some pages and decided reading from display wasn't fun. So i bought a physical book once it was available.

TROs and Combat Manuals and rulebooks and other such where i read just entry here or there work just fine as PDFs.

Intrigued by this since I tend to go the opposite direction.  I prefer digital for the narrative books, but physical for rulebooks and TROS.  I feel a little better toting around a physical book for gametime than an expensive device. 

There was no hidden objective to the question, by the way,  I was just curious about how people prefer to consume their gaming materials. 

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1467 on: 17 July 2017, 19:27:38 »
I always buy both on books that I want. PDF and DTF. I used to buy both at the same time but problems with the shipping on the book. I just get the PDF and hopefully a FLGS will get a copy or order thru a 3rd party.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1468 on: 17 July 2017, 19:41:10 »
Intrigued by this since I tend to go the opposite direction.  I prefer digital for the narrative books, but physical for rulebooks and TROS.  I feel a little better toting around a physical book for gametime than an expensive device.  .
I don't like reading from screen really, not if i do it for longer than 5-10 minutes at a time. I'll make exceptions for "really hard to find unless as ebook" but not happily (and admittedly it is handy while traveling).

The only book i need on table is the rulebook(s), and phone or tablet-PC takes less space. Plus checking errata is faster that way without needing to print everything.

I will make an exception for BattleMech Manual though. Since it will include errata'd rules and more or less everything i need in one package, it will be practical as a physical rulebook.
I just hope it won't be needing errata really...

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #1469 on: 17 July 2017, 20:00:25 »
I don't like reading from screen really, not if i do it for longer than 5-10 minutes at a time. I'll make exceptions for "really hard to find unless as ebook" but not happily (and admittedly it is handy while traveling).

Cool, I definitely understand that complaint.  I used to be the same way, in fact.  Don't know what happened to change it.  I guess I just got used to reading from a Kindle. 

Register