Author Topic: This is when Alpha Strike really shines!  (Read 2230 times)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
This is when Alpha Strike really shines!
« on: 13 April 2017, 14:18:26 »
So a few friends of mine have been playing Alpha Strike about once a week for the last month  and I just wanted to share a few pictures
We had the Grey Death Legion VS the Red Lancers. It was a battalion on battalion battle. This is what Alpha Strike to me was designed to due. Felt like a battle right out of the novels.
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: This is when Alpha Strike really shines!
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2017, 15:30:04 »
that's awesome.

actually, that's more than just awseome: that's awesome enough for looker peepers in a FLGS to go "hey what are you guys playing, and how do I get involved?" in a way that I fear CBT never will anymore with modern wargaming tastes.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2017, 15:32:54 »
That is the way we try to make it, we would like people to take a look and try it out. I just wish we had product to help move the sales of Alpha Strike. The lance packs were a step in the right direction but we are not there yet. We had 40 mechs a side, and after 3 hours of play about 31 mechs total went down. We even had a brand new player that was an old battletech hand, that said it was more like the fluff then battletech ever was.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2017, 15:35:00 by wolfspider »
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2017, 16:21:12 »
Into the valley of Death rode the Red Lancers

Nanhold

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2017, 13:51:15 »
Damn, that's impressive! That is very impressive, even!

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2017, 14:36:25 »
Looking really good!
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2017, 14:01:12 »
Thanks! I will pass the compliments to our Terrain guru Mike!  :))

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2017, 14:48:31 »
That's a mighty fine battlefield you've got there. It would be a shame if some Draconis Combine warlord dropped a nuke on it. LOL