Author Topic: Clan Cluster Organization Chart  (Read 1981 times)

Death by Lasers

• Master Sergeant
Clan Cluster Organization Chart
« on: 22 April 2017, 22:19:08 »
  So a couple of weeks back I went through FM:Crusader and FM:Warden Clans and made an organization chart based on the descriptions of each Clans the typical cluster.  Each image represents 5 units (5 mechs, 5 aerospace fighters, 5 points of elements or a naval Star).  Enjoy :)

Some Notes on my Approach: 
  If a Cluster has just the Clan name to it it is for that Clan's frontline cluster.  If there is division below the Star level, like in a Clan Wolf Command Star of 4 mech points and 1 aerospace point, I chose the dominate unit image to represent the Star.  Whenever the book says a formation could be "a binary or trinary" I chose whatever they named first.  If they say a Trinary is mixed mech and elementals I assumed 2 Stars Mechs and 1 Star Elementals.  I took a minimalist approach: If the manual doesn't mention it I didn't include it.  For example in earlier works Clan Jade Falcon clusters are shown as having independent Command Stars but they are not mentioned in FM: Crusader Clans so I didn't include them on the chart.

Edit: Updated the Chart.  Included large version of clusters from the fieldmanuals (ie: if a source says a unit could be a Trinary or Binary the large version always takes the larger option). 
« Last Edit: 23 April 2017, 06:52:36 by Death by Lasers »
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

J.R.R Tolikien, The Two Towers

Vition2

• Lieutenant
Re: Clan Cluster Organization Chart
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2017, 23:23:43 »
I like what you've done here, but two points to mention regarding the Snow Ravens, their front line clusters use the more traditional clan organization, what you seem to have deemed the "Strict Clan Cluster," the triad organization you show is primarily limited to second line formations (this is mentioned in the Snow Raven Unit structure section, last sentence of the second paragraph, pg 123).  One other thing is the Snow Raven's Wing Clusters, purely aerospace formations of 5 binaries of fighters (Snow Raven Unit Structure, 4th paragraph, pg 123).

Death by Lasers

• Master Sergeant
Re: Clan Cluster Organization Chart
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2017, 23:38:38 »
Thanks!  Good catch.
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

J.R.R Tolikien, The Two Towers