Author Topic: Arrow IV and AMS  (Read 2554 times)

Kharim

• Master Sergeant
Arrow IV and AMS
« on: 08 May 2017, 09:05:02 »
So, did anyone ever played with AMS able to destroy incoming Arrow IV Missiles? In rules it is stated that AMS engages M(missile) type weapons. Arrow IV is classified as AE,F,S but obviously is still a missle. Single Arrow IV is of course bigger than singular LRM but weighs less than Thunderbolt  20 round, so it should be smaller in size. Projectile speed should  also be of no  concern as Arrow IV appears to be slower, able to reach only 17 hexes in turn, compared to 18 and 21 for Thunderbolts and LRM.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Re: Arrow IV and AMS
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2017, 09:33:15 »
I thought artillery moved 2 mapsheets per turn... wouldn't that be 34 hexes a turn?

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2017, 09:56:00 »
Nope. Once you get past 17 hexes, the target is considered off-board and thus takes an additional turn to arrive on target and follows all the rules for off-board artillery attacks.

Unless they made an errata for that.

As to the OP, I have played around with it, but I wonder if the Arrow iv missile might not have some extra armoring just for the very reason that it could be attacked and they wanted it to get where it was going.

I think the reason they didn't mess with it in the core rules was because of the whole artillery attack phase.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

BlackLiger

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2017, 12:16:43 »
The extra time is for arc of fire. Up and down is slower than straight

Kharim

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2017, 14:20:20 »
I think the reason they didn't mess with it in the core rules was because of the whole artillery attack phase.
That is most likely true, similar thing is with "do ghost targets protect from being tagged".