Author Topic: MWO; Civil War Escalation  (Read 2595 times)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
MWO; Civil War Escalation
« on: 02 June 2017, 20:57:18 »
So, they announced the following; Osiris, Nightstar, Arctic Wolf, and Nova Cat.

https://mwomercs.com/civil-war-escalation

It's interesting to note that the Arctic Wolf's reinforcements are battlemechs, and the hero is also a battlemech; Meanwhile, the standard pack is omnimech only.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: MWO; Civil War Escalation
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2017, 21:29:31 »
Nightstar looks so different from the normal one. I'm used to the Nightstar being squat and short machine.
This guy looks more like Marauder more than the original did.  I like it but it bits too much like Marauder to me.

Does the Gauss Rifles and ER PPC work differently now?  I heard they have cool down that make them less effective.
This guy may be at a disavantage having both weapons as standard machine.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2017, 22:05:11 »
I don't know of any such nerfs, honestly. I do know the Gauss got a skill thing where you boost how long they are green to fire, though.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2017, 22:20:24 »
You're right...that Nightstar does look just like a Marauder but with bits stuck on...

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2017, 00:13:39 »
I like that that did the Arctic Wolf this way, though fully expect people to be confused.

MWO really needs split crits too, that knock-off 9S Nightstar...

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2017, 05:36:39 »
You're right...that Nightstar does look just like a Marauder but with bits stuck on...

I thought the Nightstar was one of those Marauder-series battlemechs in canon, so doesn't this make sense?

I really love how that Nova Cat looks.  I think that'll be the 'mech I pre-order!
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2017, 06:44:10 »
I thought the Nightstar was one of those Marauder-series battlemechs in canon, so doesn't this make sense?

I really love how that Nova Cat looks.  I think that'll be the 'mech I pre-order!
Nightstar is related to the Marauder, it was made by the same designers of the Marauder series.  The Nightstar's Main body does resemble the Marauder, which is fine.  The legs and arms to me should be more different.  I guess it's a MWO thing.  Nothing can be short but big.  Barrels of the Gauss Rifles should be out bit more.  Again, i'm little picky about that.  I like the Nightstar.  I apologize for being to critical about it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2017, 18:08:38 »
I'm split. I love how they did the body, but the arms and cockpit seem a bit... Off. I expected less elbow, and I also expected a more menacing cockpit.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2017, 18:37:11 »

That ACW-A is looking good, I just might go for the Arctic Wolf standard pack.
But then again the NCT-A&B also have potential.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Register