Author Topic: CGL Announces New Leadership for BattleTech Line, What do YOU want so see?  (Read 1685 times)

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
uhm... hi there...

if you ask like this... maybe something like an overhaul of the warship combat system and/or a possibility to play great space battles in the star league era? like amaris coup, retaking of terra by the sldf and first succession war? like a "brush wars"... only for space battles between warship fleets... maybe? any chance for that?

*sits down again with red cheeks*

Brent Evans

• SeƱor oscuro
  • Catalyst Game Labs
  • Sergeant
Hey there GermanSumo, you sure know how to target a weak spot man.  All jokes aside there may well be a viable product model to the idea, but the difficulty is that space battles of that nature run completely counter to the 'tentpole' element of BattleTech.   Best way to say this is that BattleTech/MechWarrior is all about Mechs, Wars & Warriors.  Space battles tend to neutralize all three of those to a level beyond the grasp of the players.  Is there are place for such games - oh absolutely, but it's a niche within a niche and would ultimately prove a counterproductive business model.

Now with that said I would love to see it done right and well.  It would be really cool!  But it would have to be it's own game and thus far we've not seen a compelling pitch/model for it.  Never say never though... if HALO Fleet Battles can exist, anything is possible.  :0)

Brent

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
thank you for this elaborate answer, brent. i wasnt sure my question even deserved one, even though i am serious about the request. i know fully well this game that i love so much is about mechs. :D not about space battles. but one can hope, right? as you do. good luck with your work regarding this system as a dev!

greeetings from germany
hendrik