Author Topic: Marauder 2R  (Read 8743 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Marauder 2R
« Reply #30 on: 17 July 2017, 00:05:13 »
Thought the -7A was the Star League Warhammer?

Both the 6Rb and 7A are royal variants. Presumably the 6Rb was the earlier model.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 17 July 2017, 00:17:16 »
Both the 6Rb and 7A are royal variants. Presumably the 6Rb was the earlier model.

Yeah. 6Rb only just missed the Reunification War, thats how much earlier. While the 7A still had that new mech smell when Amaris shot Richard.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #32 on: 02 September 2017, 11:53:42 »
IMO it would also make sense for them to sell upgrade kits for all the mercs still out there using -3R, -3M or -3L . . . the -3D is a toss up IMO.
The only issue I see there is that the 2R uses CASE.
So the upgrades need to be done at a Factory :(
Still a solid idea, just that many units won't be able to get that kind of access time.

As for the old L1 models, while the 3D is an obvious favorite of many.
I've found myself really appreciating the 3M for its close in brutality & heat management.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #33 on: 02 September 2017, 18:28:58 »
Eh, I do not buy into that with CASE b/c its more about refitting the armor than the IS to get it to mount IMO.  Still even a half ton underweight -2R would be a improvement over the -3R, etc.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #34 on: 02 September 2017, 19:13:44 »
I would have liked to see it with 1/2 ton more Ferro.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #35 on: 02 September 2017, 19:24:02 »
Sure, but if we talk about sticking to what exists than the -2R kits would be produced with a quirk- No CASE post 3000.  Makes it stick with a canon variant though in campaign play it would be up to players.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register