Author Topic: Spare parts, ammunition and fuel for a mercenary unit  (Read 1822 times)

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
For running a mercenary campaign.  How much in the way of spare parts, ammunition, fuel, etc should they have? 

For example say enough ammunition for a unit to exhaust its reloads 2-4 times. 

What should they have in the way of spare parts; engines, arms, legs, actuators, gyros, etc?  If several units share the same part for example both a Warhammer and an Archer both needing spare arm actuators and the spare part could go to which ever unit needs it first. 

Thanks and have a great day!
Demon55

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Spare parts, ammunition and fuel for a mercenary unit
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2017, 13:08:55 »
I'd like to refer to the 1:00 mark in this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ze87zQFSak

Slightly longer answer: it depends a great deal on era.  A 3rd SW unit will be much shorter on spares than the Clan Invasion, for example...

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2017, 19:09:59 »
Enough armor for five full replacements is my typical, if you are doing a major operation ten or more.  I also try to standardize on mech types and speeds with enough for one piece.

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2017, 19:12:47 »
It gets fun when you try to buy enough armor to replace an entire company or battalion worth. Thousands of tons of armor... Looks like we need more DropShips, and thus more crewmen, fuel, and armor for it, too!

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2017, 22:24:34 »
Depends on the contract and theater . Cadre and Garrison tends to require triple reloads and 60 percent vehicle mass in armor plus the 1/4 weapons load out for live fire skill maintainance. Other contracts require more . Check out the " Ammo Resupply " post from March 2017  for insight . As well aas " Beginning Stockpiles and Parts " post August 2015.
« Last Edit: 23 July 2017, 05:08:39 by Col Toda »

Register