Author Topic: Character Creation: need ideas  (Read 1628 times)

Dunia

• Corporal
  • Cute, deadly and with 2 PPCs. Fear me.
Character Creation: need ideas
« on: 26 July 2017, 08:57:04 »
As I wont be the only gamemaster in our campaign, and we have focused on playing Comstar people (2/3 at least), I am thinking of making a Comstar person as well.

My thought is that she will be Psi-ranked, e.g. Spiritual Enlightenment = so now I need help what sills and focus she would need.

I am planning to have at least the following skills:
Interest/Words of Jerome Blake, Level 4
Training, Level 1-3
Science/ Psychology, Level 4

My mother and father met in a Mechwarrior RPG game, I am a Battletech Born Brat :)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Character Creation: need ideas
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2017, 10:01:05 »
Only other skills that I can really think of are maybe Art/Writing or possibly Art/Oratory.

Trait wise a Compulsion for Religious Beliefs is certainly in order for point buy but should be covered in the appropriate modules.

Dunia

• Corporal
  • Cute, deadly and with 2 PPCs. Fear me.
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2017, 15:37:52 »
Is there anything written how/what Comstar believes in. How they do their quasi-religious rituals?
My mother and father met in a Mechwarrior RPG game, I am a Battletech Born Brat :)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2017, 15:53:17 »
Is there anything written how/what Comstar believes in. How they do their quasi-religious rituals?

Their is a couple of older books on Comstar describing their history and a good overview. They are available on Drive thru RPG.

ComStar Sourcebook

Field Manual:Comstar

There is also Sarna - http://www.sarna.net/wiki/ComStar
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2017, 17:52:05 »
They're the indoctrination group, I'd expect the character to have In For Life as well. 

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2017, 22:32:51 »
One aspect is if you are familiar with  Warhammer 40k you can draw inspiration from their tech priests, IE you pray to the machine spirits to bless the actions you are trying to get the machine/device to do.

Another way to look at is sort of Japanese, native American, and or European pagan religion, essentially there are spirits in "everything" and they need to be appeased or the device won't work properly.
What might work as a really amusing plot twist is to have various levels of belief in the group  ranging from there REALLY ARE MACHINE SPIRITS!! To omm maybe to sure there are wink... and then have the true believer under cover where they can't do their rituals and or the yard right person under cover where they have to do the rituals...