Author Topic: Locust 1-E  (Read 2214 times)

Dunia

• Corporal
  • Cute, deadly and with 2 PPCs. Fear me.
Locust 1-E
« on: 17 September 2017, 10:24:55 »
In either 1st or 2nd Succession War sourcebook (Dont have them here with me) there is a Locust 1-E with 2 small lasers and 2 medium lasers. But the picture shows it has a big cannon onder the center torso and two gunracks on iots arms... are there any pics that actually depicture 1E model?
My mother and father met in a Mechwarrior RPG game, I am a Battletech Born Brat :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Locust 1-E
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2017, 13:44:39 »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2017, 13:46:35 »
Don't think there is. FSW features standard locust in the art because it is the most common model around.
Doesn't look like the Locust 1E has even a fanart with quick googling. EDIT Note the miniature posted above is clearly a custom, not to mention the Locust has new art so that might not even count anymore...

Only few 'Mechs have variants with their own art, mostly Project Phoenix ones and some others like the Banshee.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2017, 15:14:53 »
Actually I'm pretty sure that when a 'Mech gets a new TRO entry, that is one in a new book focused on a different variant, it gets new art. It's just that that doesn't happen that often. The Hatchetman 7S in 3085 for example.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2017, 15:31:42 »
Yet very few 'Mechs have variant art, all things considered. Re-releases of 'Mechs are not common.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2017, 21:31:16 »
Nope. I've had to come up with a custom job for my vintage locust minis simply because the chin laser and the arms are always lost when I collected them.

I managed a mock 1V using the Phoenix Locust arms, inverted.  I did a mock-up 1E the same way, but without the Von Luckner turret barrel for the chin laser.  They look nice. You could also swap in Raptor Omni arms.

There is no solid art for the 1E, just custom jobs for minis.  Now, it wouldn't take much to use mini pics to make 2D art. They did a lot of that with Wars of Reaving.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2017, 08:09:17 »
Actually I'm pretty sure that when a 'Mech gets a new TRO entry, that is one in a new book focused on a different variant, it gets new art. It's just that that doesn't happen that often. The Hatchetman 7S in 3085 for example.

To be fair, the only reason the Hatchetman got new art there was because of the WizKids sculpt:

I have spoken.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2017, 03:04:28 »
To be fair, the only reason the Hatchetman got new art there was because of the WizKids sculpt:
My point was more that when a unit gets covered in a TRO (Such that it gets art) it has NEW art

Register