Author Topic: Clever or Cheating?  (Read 2387 times)

MrJake

• Warrant Officer
Clever or Cheating?
« on: 04 October 2017, 14:09:32 »
Moving an Administrator with a good Negotiations skill to different Admin specialties in order to get rerolls in multiple categories of a single Contract.

Clever or Cheating?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Clever or Cheating?
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2017, 14:22:53 »
Your game. Your rules. Your decisions.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

MrJake

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2017, 14:49:26 »
I'll take that as a vote for <the brand new option>: Other! Neither! Both!

Edit: For the record, I split the difference and decided that the number of rerolls permitted by the Negotiate skill could be spread out across multiple disciplines, i.e. a 5 in Negotiate gave 5 rerolls total, regardless of where they were used.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2017, 14:58:08 by MrJake »

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2017, 16:08:10 »
I don't see why a single person wouldn't be able to negotiate multiple aspects of a contract. It's a little too fiddly and too much micro-management for me (I used to mothball my mechs to save on transport costs, but then I got tired of it, since it's kind of a pain).

Hm, I think I have an idea for a new feature. MASS MOTHBALL!

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2017, 22:58:30 »
I've always thought it clever.  The way I learned BT back in the day was that one person generally negotiated for the entire contract (usually the merc commander); and then the rest of the officers signed off on anything required to say they agreed. 

In MekHQ, I have one each of Admin/Logistics, Admin/Command, and Admin/Transport.  Usually the one that showed up with the best admin and negotiation skills in the hiring halls.  That way I control which one is doing the contract negotiations for each area.  Since I can only have one of each, all others become Admin/HR. 

I think if you are using the CO method of tracking the dragoons rating, you have to have a higher number of admin personnel anyway.  And, until this latest release (MekHQ 43.4), I never saw Admin/HR for hire in the personnel market.  That was my reasoning behind being able to change admin types. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

yukamichi

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2017, 07:16:18 »
If you're playing AtB rules as written, you can only re-assign admins at the end of a contract, so in that case it would be a violation of the rules.

MrJake

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2017, 13:02:04 »
Dagnabit! I always miss something.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2017, 16:39:21 »
It's technically "until the next retirement/defection roll". So theoretically, if you're sitting in a contract for over a year, you'll be able to switch them once per year.

Of course, if you're not doing retirement/defection rolls, then ::shrug::

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2017, 23:37:15 »
No, it just means your administrator is overworked.
On behalf of the Berserker,
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Salvage Dog AU SI Fanfic Thread
Salvage Dog AU Tech Compilation Thread
Salvage Dog AU Battlemech Thread

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2017, 13:13:14 »
If you have a full squat of administrators it also bumps up your mercenary rating.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Register