Author Topic: Bad Dropper Bottle  (Read 2469 times)

noobk

• Master Sergeant
Bad Dropper Bottle
« on: 01 February 2011, 22:14:53 »
So I bought some reaper paint about a week or two ago, and by the time I got around to wanting to post this question our world went stackpole on us.

So anyways I have a bottle of paint that won't drop. I apply pressure and nothing, a small air bubble occasionally followed by an inkling of paint. I can apply pressure to the bottle all day long though and not get a drop of paint out of it. I remedied the problem by... opening the bottle and dumping my paint out as needed!  [rockon]

But I honestly could not fathom the malfunction in the bottle. It appears to have a hole so paint can flow out, but no paint. I am a newb to dropper bottles and wet pallets and the like, I just barely started doing the new process. Can anybody answer me why the bottle does this? My 4 other purchases work fine and I am very happy with them. I plan on moving on to valejo paint soon + my other cheap hobby acrylics in large bulky bottles.  [drool]

phlop

• CamoSpecs
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Bad Dropper Bottle
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2011, 08:06:32 »
I believe that Reaper has on some of the latest paint bottles put a mixing ball into the bottle. That might be lodged into the opening. Use a small wire and push through the opening in the bottle and see if it opens up. Not sure what else would be causing the problem.
“Everyone is useful,No one is necessary.’’ Paul Brown

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2011, 11:09:14 »
Could also be a clog from foreign matter, or dried paint.  But yeah, clean out the nozzle.  If it's a water based acrylic, dont be afraid to just wash the entire thing out, either.

noobk

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2011, 15:41:06 »
Well after days of no ideas how to fix my problem, the obvious finally hit me with a Heavy Gauss Shot to the head. I took my pin vice and drilled a hole in the top to open a passage.

DUH!  [drool]

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2011, 00:51:47 »
you know, that just might work :D
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Register