Author Topic: What do I have here?  (Read 2464 times)

ColonelCrow

• Private
What do I have here?
« on: 19 August 2017, 17:28:52 »
I hope this is the right subforum for posting this question.

The widow of an old gaming buddy of mine passed along a few boxes of stuff to me a couple of years ago and for one reason or another I've just now this week gotten around to going through them. There's a lot of cool stuff from the eighties and early nineties in there, including some FASA BattleTech products, most of which I own or owned at one point. One thing is kind of a puzzler, though, and I wonder if somebody can identify it.

All the stuff is in pretty bad shape, much used (loved), some of it falling apart to the extent that my friend had unbound books and put them in three-hole binders. One of those binders, though, is NOT just punched sheets from a professionally printed gaming product, but is instead about 150 photocopies pages from what's clearly a FASA sourcebook. There's no cover, table of contents, copyright information, or "credits" however, and there are a few runs of pages missing.

It's formatted very much like what I remember of the old "House" books, but it seems to be about House Cameron. The page numbers at top center are in an icon of a star with one ray extending out to the right. The atlas in the closing pages says that the planets listed are part of the "Terran Hegemony." I haven't looked at it much more closely than that, but I did jump on the internet and couldn't find mention of a book titled House Cameron. Could someone clue me in to what this is (and to whether or not a clean .pdf version of the book is available for purchase?)? If need be I can give more information re: chapter headings and subheadings and so on.

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
Re: What do I have here?
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2017, 17:33:41 »
Star League Sourcebook? http://www.sarna.net/wiki/The_Star_League 
Checking the product preview at Drive Through RPG (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/63974/BattleTech-Star-League), the page layout seems like what you are describing.  Don't have a copy myself.

ColonelCrow

• Private
Re: What do I have here?
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2017, 18:07:38 »
That's it! Thank you!