Author Topic: My Full Circle To The Present  (Read 1206 times)

Nekhron Kirov

• Private
  • Warrior, Poet, Evil Genius, Nerd Lord
    • Clan Blood Spirit
My Full Circle To The Present
« on: 04 January 2016, 06:12:00 »

I have played Battletech Tabletop and its accompanying RPG since it first appeared back in 1983-84, and still continue to do so regularly.  I have been playing the various Mechwarrior PC games, in their various incarnations, since MW3 first came out. 

I began using the online name of NEKHRON at that time.  Over the past twelve years or so I have always used this name in games online, no matter their genre.  Of course this has become second nature for me to think of myself and respond as "Nekhron" as easily as I do my own given name, Thomas.

Over the years, I have actually managed to merge my online Mechwarrior persona into the Battletech Universe of the tabletop game.  I have a ToW character named "Nekhron Kirov" created, complete with my Clan affiliation, Blood Name, rank, and unit.  I have even bought all of the mech figures for the Cluster I command and have had them painted in  Clan Blood Spirit cammo schemes.  I can now be who I spent years becoming online in the game that gave birth to it in the first place. Its almost poetic in the cosmic sense.

One might say I have come full circle, and it just might be the Nerd Lord in me talking when I say that I think that is pretty damned cool...... 8)

Star Col. Cmdg, 88th Crimson Cavalry Cluster, Iota Galaxy
    "Vos Canere Non Velieris"  -  (You Cannot Hide)