Author Topic: Battleforce packs  (Read 13044 times)

sci teacher

• Recruit
Re: Battleforce packs
« Reply #30 on: 12 February 2011, 22:56:11 »
While it'd be nice to see all the mechs, I hope they approach this cautiously.  I'd hate for the company to go bankrupt because it had to fund every mech's sculpt, even though some mechs aren't popular enough.

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #31 on: 18 February 2011, 09:14:32 »
Caution was never a trait which would be applied to successful business. There is more risk in a conservative business plan than in an ambitious one which effectively creates demand through smart marketing and fresh ideas. Those who don't exploit new trends will get mown over by competition or strangled by rising costs and lowering currency value.

I'm happy to see these minis, and while they will not replace the standard size peices in my collection, I certainly can see the value in them.
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #32 on: 18 February 2011, 12:09:13 »
hey, a company of mechs for what would buy you a lance nominally... I'd take it!

I am not sure what the selection critera was for these packs, whether it was meticulously done to provide a wide swath, or just "toss torn out pages of a TRO and pull them from a bin" or something in between.  I could go on and one about what I would have done, but I am not in charge at IWM.

it is just awesome to see new and refreshing ideas

Very cool. I'll add these to my mental shopping list. I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd love seeing the entire line in this smaller scale.

at the very least, having the entirety of TRO 3025 (with Project Phoenix Mechs where appropriate) and the Clan Mechs of TRO 3050 would be sweet.
« Last Edit: 18 February 2011, 12:14:56 by JPArbiter »
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 18 February 2011, 13:51:16 »
Best of all with smaller minis I can shrink the hexes and play games on a much larger map. Lights suddenly become useful again.  ;)

Register