Author Topic: em-4 Mechs  (Read 8271 times)

brathac3108

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
    • Solaris7.pl
em-4 Mechs
« on: 23 October 2011, 07:46:44 »
I've recently bought these minis:

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Science_Fiction.html

[The kit consists of two light/medium bodies(Wasp, Stinger-like), two heavy bodies (Crusader-like), and one Marauder-like body, two double cannon arms (like in Rifleman), three single autocannon arms, two missile launchers, two elbowed arms with lasers, and two elbowed arms with autocannons, and two legs for the quasi-Marauder. I'm attaching photos.

I've been wondering, what can I do with these for CBT. I think I can definitely proxy a Toyama, with a heavy body, a single gun arm and a double gun arm. A heavy body with two missile launchers can proxy a Longbow. I guess I can make a Bandersnatch, a Nightstar or a Marauder (I or II) from the Marauder-like body. If i had more legs I could go for a quad.

Any more ideas?
www.solaris7.pl - BattleTech in Poland
Catalyst Demo Agent #465

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
Re: em-4 Mechs
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2011, 08:40:20 »
I've seen lots of these over the years.  I've even seen a few melted together to do really strange things.  Sadly those heated kitbashes were my fathers of long ago and I have no pictures of them.

Proxy are good (and could work), but I'd wager just as many make custom stats for these Mechs.

Assemble and have fun.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2011, 09:20:27 »
You could always do your own stats for them.

I'm pretty sure if you check out the design section you'll find ready made stats for the Steel warriors minis.

Nightstalker

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2011, 21:43:25 »
I do believe that Worktroll has several of these that he may have stats for, or converted to be CBT proxies.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 23 October 2011, 22:50:10 »
 The DCMS's doomed Tetsu Senshi omnimech project lives again! All in Benjamin Regulars colours.

The core of the project - a top-of-the-line 70 ton omni designed around standardised weapon pods, and full C3 company integration.

The Tetsu-no-Senshi (Small Steel Warrior) 40-ton "scout" end of the equation.

The Masakari-Ku program, like the Blackhawk-Ku, sought to copy its Clan namesake, but for efficiency was merged with the Tetsu Senshi program. All failed when the Curse of Galedon struck.

And just for fun, I whipped up a few more in a camo scheme. Dead simple - brown base, broad green stripes, thin tan stripes underneath the green, metal detailing, then ... the dip!

They're also magnificent to play with if you like modding. Note the top 'Mech in the camo picture - I reversed the torso, slicing the "face" off the back, and added spacers at the shoulders (simple plastic beads). I also ended up with designs like this:

and even

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

GBL

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2011, 05:25:08 »
Recently bought a set of these, and they are great. Counts as Rifleman and Longbow, wannabe P-Hawk and locusts. Going to use them as "shady cappellan rip offs"  :D

Crossbow

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2011, 08:21:34 »
Got a couple at one point from a "paint and take" event.  Still haven't done anything with them.  (Of course, I've got a lot of IWM pewter that is in the same boat...)

Cergorach

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2011, 15:18:01 »
What about these blokes:

16 different Mechs (45mm tall) and 2 different fighters. It's Russian and called Z.O.D.

Not as good a deal at the moment as em4, but more divercity is always welcome. 16 Mechs and 4 fighters was like $25 on ebay recently.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2011, 16:42:31 »
Them, I like! If only for parts potential, but there's some nice stuff there.

Must find if they're available anywhere else.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

HeavyGun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Dante's Infernals
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2011, 23:52:20 »
Wow! that is the first time I have seen anyone here have any of the steel warrior mini's besides the ones I have, been many years since i bought mine. Good Stuff.
CDT Agent #695, Spokane Valley, Wa.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on...oh yeah you better pray cuz your gonna need it!

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #10 on: 25 October 2011, 14:13:06 »
I love those ZODs!
eBay eh?

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
« Reply #11 on: 25 October 2011, 18:09:55 »
Steel Warriors Scale isn't too far off. What about the ZOD's though. It seems almost half-way between N Scale and standard Btech. Anybody know?