Author Topic: My bit of guidance for character creation.  (Read 2203 times)

adamhowe

• Warrant Officer
  • Star Commander Adam Howe
My bit of guidance for character creation.
« on: 19 June 2013, 16:25:39 »
In my games I set the following limitations for characters, mind you this is for a 5000 XP build and aiming for Mechwarriors/Pilots fresh out of training.  First limit I impose is no Stage 4 modules, pretty no brainer.  My second limit is on Gunnery and Piloting skills, I impose a limit of 4 Gunnery and 3 Piloting.  These skill limits on Gunnery and Piloting produce a baseline in classic tabletop skills of Gunnery 3 for a Clan character, and Gunnery 4 for an Inner Sphere character.  On the Piloting side this limit produces a Clan skill of 4, and an Inner Sphere skill of 5.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Re: My bit of guidance for character creation.
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2013, 21:02:36 »
What is your goal? Are you limiting them, so they can grow, do you have a plan for them growing? Is the game tabletop or online?

Also if they somehow have a DEX or RFL of 7+, their target numbers are 1 or possibly 2 lower.

Will you be allowing Nat Apt/ Gunnery or Piloting, that is also something to consider.
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

adamhowe

• Warrant Officer
  • Star Commander Adam Howe
Re: My bit of guidance for character creation.
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2013, 21:05:20 »
What is your goal? Are you limiting them, so they can grow, do you have a plan for them growing? Is the game tabletop or online?

Also if they somehow have a DEX or RFL of 7+, their target numbers are 1 or possibly 2 lower.

Will you be allowing Nat Apt/ Gunnery or Piloting, that is also something to consider.

Like I said, this is my baseline for fresh out of training and can be modified as desired by whoever chooses to use it.