Author Topic: (Answered) Battle Armor & hexes that are on fire  (Read 1748 times)

sillybrit

• Major
(Answered) Battle Armor & hexes that are on fire
« on: 23 December 2011, 19:34:37 »
Are Battle Armor that're Swarming a 'Mech or vehicle, or riding on the exterior of a 'Mech or vehicle as per Mechanized Battle Armor, effected by hexes that're on fire as per the rules in TacOps p43 onwards?

According to TO p 45, for units not covered under other sections, with Battle Armor included in this group: "Unless the controlling player gets an 8 or higher on a 2D6 roll, any unit that ends its Movement Phase on the ground in a burning hex or moves along the ground into a burning hex is destroyed."

The argument I've encountered before, specifically to do with Swarming Battle Armor, was that they're not on the ground, that're they're instead up in the air on the 'Mech or vehicle that they're riding upon and thus aren't effected by the fire.

My gut says they should burn, but every time I encountered this I was argued down so strongly I just always assumed my thinking was wrong.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2014, 17:59:03 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Battle Armor & hexes that are on fire
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2014, 17:58:52 »
Page 45, Effects of Fire
Under “All Other Units”, in between the second and third sentences insert the following:

This includes units that are riding, swarming, be carried by, or otherwise being transported by such units.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register