Author Topic: (Answered) aerospace critical hits & threshold  (Read 4160 times)

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
(Answered) aerospace critical hits & threshold
« on: 13 August 2012, 17:57:11 »
Hey, how does critical hits work in Quickstrike / Battleforce? My gaming group has come into a argument over it. The MASTER UNIT LIST has fighters having thresholds that do not agree with the conversion rules in Strategic Ops. Then with that the abstract rules make it possible for a 20 ton fighter to cripple if not outright destroy a 100 ton fighter in one good turn of shooting if we are reading the rules right.

My question to TPTB is how does that work?
Do we do the attack based on armor then use criticals?
Threshold goes in priority of critical hits?
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 16:16:59 by Xotl »
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
Re: aerospace critical hits & threshold
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2012, 07:08:11 »
I haven't found the ruling in any other threads yet? I was wondering if HERB or any of the other Mods could answer this one?
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
Re: aerospace critical hits & threshold
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2012, 15:12:47 »
Hey, how does critical hits work in Quickstrike / Battleforce? My gaming group has come into a argument over it. The MASTER UNIT LIST has fighters having thresholds that do not agree with the conversion rules in Strategic Ops.
The Master Unit List currently has a bug/issue in the software that is displaying the wrong threshold values.  We are working on it, but 99% of threshold values for aerospace fighters are 1, with a few having a 2 (those with more than 10 armor).

Then with that the abstract rules make it possible for a 20 ton fighter to cripple if not outright destroy a 100 ton fighter in one good turn of shooting if we are reading the rules right.
Yes.  Anything shooting an at aerospace fighter of any weight doing damage greater than the threshold  has the possibility of doing a critical that outright destroys the fighter (2 and 12 on critical hit table).

My question to TPTB is how does that work?
Do we do the attack based on armor then use criticals?
Threshold goes in priority of critical hits?
Strategic Operations p 230 has the order for each attack.
Armor damage, Structure damage, Critical Hits from Structure Damage, then Critical Hits from BAR or damage thresholds.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
Re: (Answered) aerospace critical hits & threshold
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2012, 23:54:59 »
Thanks....since I am GM'ing a campaign, we are going to house rule it...myself personally I am not worried about the rules...they aren't my aerospace forces. However I have some sensitive players who cry about their fighters being dosed by a random flak shot or a group of light fighters tearing them down...