Author Topic: The Ngubo Chopper: TL B Motorcycle and Side-car  (Read 2828 times)

NullVoid

• Sergeant
The Ngubo Chopper: TL B Motorcycle and Side-car
« on: 20 January 2014, 09:18:28 »
This was designed as a sort of do-it-yourself bike; it came described in an ancient, public-domain technician/mechanical textbook by one professor Q. Ngubo.

Code: [Select]
Ngubo Chopper Bike:
Small Support Vehicle
Total Mass: 400 kg
Rating: B/A-A-A/B

Chassis: Wheeled (Bicycle, Off-Road, Tractor), TL B [85kg, 157.78125 C-Bills]
Engine: Internal Combustion Engine, Speed 11/17, TL B [250 kg, 937,5 C-Bills]
Fuel: Alcohol, 480 km Operational Range, TL B [15 kg, 0 C-Bills]
Seats: 2 Pillion [50 kg, 20 C-Bills]
Armor: 0 Front, 0 Sides, 0 Aft, BAR 2, TL B [0 kg, 0 C-Bills]
Cargo: 0 kg [0 kg, 0 C-Bills]

Total: 400 kg, 1118 C-Bills
Cruise Speed: 118,8 km/h
Flank Speed: 183,6 km/h

Notes: Has the Easy to Mantain and Poor Worksmanship design quirks; uses bicycle, off-road and tractor chassis and controls modification, 1 crew seat/pillion (25 kg), 1 passenger seat/pillion (25 kg)

Ngubo Side Car (Passenger):
Small Support Vehicle
Total Mass: 100 kg

Chassis: Wheeled (Monocycle, Off-Road, Trailer), TL B [10kg, 21.9375 C-Bills]
Engine: None [0 kg, 0 C-Bills]
Fuel: None [0 kg, 0 C-Bills]
Seats: 1 Pillion [25 kg, 10 C-Bills]
Cargo: 65 kg [65 kg, 0 C-Bills]

Total: 100 kg, 32 C-Bills
Cruise Speed: 86,4 km/h
Flank Speed: 129,6 km/h
Notes: Has the Easy to Mantain and Poor Worksmanship design quirks; uses monocycle, off-road and trailer chassis and controls modification, 1 passenger seat/pillion (25 kg), and cargo space (65 kg)

Ngubo Side Car (Cargo):
Small Support Vehicle
Total Mass: 100 kg

Chassis: Wheeled (Monocycle, Off-Road, Trailer), TL B [10kg, 21.9375 C-Bills]
Engine: None [0 kg, 0 C-Bills]
Fuel: None [0 kg, 0 C-Bills]
Seats: None [0 kg, 0 C-Bills]
Cargo: 90 kg [65 kg, 0 C-Bills]

Total: 100 kg, 22 C-Bills
Cruise Speed: 86,4 km/h
Flank Speed: 129,6 km/h

Notes: Has the Easy to Mantain and Poor Worksmanship design quirks; uses monocycle, off-road and trailer chassis and controls modification, 1 passenger seat/pillion (25 kg), and cargo space (65 kg)

The speed on the side-cars is obviously the combined speed of the tractor-trailer combination. Its quirks are due to the planned backyard nature of its construction and it being the final product in a tutorial course, much like its tech level of B, the open nature of its frame and its large, off-road tires and suspension, and the choice of a fuel that can be easily made at a still; this is no industrial product.  It can be found in both urban and rural areas in pretty much any planet where jumpships still reach.

The bike itself is reminescent of many such products made in the 1930's Earth.  The passenger version of the side-car has a planned canvas covering around its frame to keep the dust off the passenger, which is often substituted by old grain sacks or any surplus thick fabric; the cargo version is only a flat grill to facilitate tying up cargo to keep it from falling on the often hole-riddled trail this vehicle negotiates.

Thoughts? Comments?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: The Ngubo Chopper: TL B Motorcycle and Side-car
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2014, 10:02:50 »
again something different which is nice

my only gripe is you used alcohol for the fuel - what a waste  >:D
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Nahuris

• Captain
Re: The Ngubo Chopper: TL B Motorcycle and Side-car
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2014, 22:03:05 »
I rather like this.... would be great for scouting and general harassment ..... I am imagining 5 of these, 2 carrying the extra passenger, and 3 using the side car as cargo...... utilized by a 7 man squad of combat engineers..........

Imagine the havoc you can wreak with 7 demolition experts on motorcycles..........

Nahuris

"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."