Author Topic: The Scorpion Empire : Plus Ultra  (Read 197377 times)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
Re: Bienvenidos al Imperio del Escorpión II : Necrosia Boogaloo
« Reply #330 on: 05 October 2015, 21:44:14 »
This ^

Give the Homies the BT equivalent of the Spanish Ulcer!  ;D

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #331 on: 11 December 2015, 00:11:17 »
Rise, El Escorpion!  The Clans of the Kerensky Cluster are encroaching upon the "genetic deadline" spoken of in the WoR Supplemental.  We can only expect corrupt abominations of the Kerenskys' already failed ideas. 

We do have more cookies than ever before, however.  And cashews.  But the Slushee Maquina IIC is still muerto until more factories can be brought up-to-date and on-line.   With such refreshments at our command, the Home Clans may have to bypass us - especially when they realize their genes are not getting any any less decayed and interbred, and when their dreams mock them as their lovers surely do when they walk out by the light of the six moons over the veranda on Aragon. 

Brings me to something I thought about for role-playing purposes: Why would the Imperio continue calling "them" the Home Clans?  We are not an Invading Clan, or Spheroid.  And they are not home.  We are caretakers for the Nueva Castillians and Umayyads, who had more property than they could rightfully take care of their selves.  We have a purpose.  We must keep reminding ourselves of that duty. 

But the Homies need to be taken down a peg, and it will start with a new christening: I, el rebz, suggest the moniker "Motherless Goat Clans".  What say you, trothkin?  Any suggestions or ideas?

We are not dead yet, Imperio.  This thread not withstanding.   ;D
« Last Edit: 11 December 2015, 00:20:07 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #332 on: 11 December 2015, 02:37:23 »
We're Imperials. Homies or Motherless Goat Clans, they won't find us a pushover  O0

I guess everyone is just waiting for the ilClan book as no other book will cover the Coreward Deep Periphery.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #333 on: 11 December 2015, 23:49:45 »
The motherless goat may take offence at being compared to the hommies.
 O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #334 on: 12 December 2015, 00:13:50 »
Waiting...  But that's OK, because we've waited so long.  Some people don't see it exactly like that, but it doesn't matter how anyone "sees" it, myself included.  It will arrive in its own time.

Man, I can't wait for a resumption of hostilities everywhere.   :)

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #335 on: 12 December 2015, 06:52:13 »
Better hope we appear in ilClan rather than being a historical footnote. We're no longer a mover-or-shaker among the Clans

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #336 on: 12 December 2015, 08:08:28 »
Better hope we appear in ilClan rather than being a historical footnote. We're no longer a mover-or-shaker among the Clans
Were the Scorpions ever movers or shakers in the Clans? The only two thing of significance they did was design the underwater suit that would eventually lead to the Elemental BA suit (Wolf creation) and the use of the 1st Cateran Cluster as the training unit that trained the Wolf Dragoons.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

snewsom2997

• Captain
« Reply #337 on: 12 December 2015, 10:43:49 »
Were the Scorpions ever movers or shakers in the Clans? The only two thing of significance they did was design the underwater suit that would eventually lead to the Elemental BA suit (Wolf creation) and the use of the 1st Cateran Cluster as the training unit that trained the Wolf Dragoons.

Don't forget Crackhead Museum Curators.  >:D

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #338 on: 12 December 2015, 11:10:24 »
I just hope the Imperio has some time to shine before it gets assimilated.  The faction is too cool and unusual to just throw them up like a clay pigeon for the Homies to blast with an NAC/40 Ultra, like we know in our hearts a Leviathan Prime must surely have many of.      ;D
« Last Edit: 12 December 2015, 12:59:25 by rebs »

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #339 on: 12 December 2015, 11:26:17 »
We're Imperials. Homies or Motherless Goat Clans, they won't find us a pushover  O0

I guess everyone is just waiting for the ilClan book as no other book will cover the Coreward Deep Periphery.

Woah, back off. I'm the Khan of Clan Grinchgoat!
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #340 on: 12 December 2015, 12:50:22 »
Khan Grinchgoat has spoken. 

Clan Goats have no "mothers"; that would be disgusting.   ;D

Of course, I should have known better.  It is not really an effective insult at all.  At least, not like calling a Taurian a Son of a Motherless Goat, which would probably start a nuclear conflagration spanning multiple populated worlds.   

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #341 on: 12 December 2015, 14:38:52 »
Khan Grinchgoat has spoken. 

Clan Goats have no "mothers"; that would be disgusting.   ;D

Of course, I should have known better.  It is not really an effective insult at all.  At least, not like calling a Taurian a Son of a Motherless Goat, which would probably start a nuclear conflagration spanning multiple populated worlds.

Calling a Taurian ANYTHING (including their given name) would probably start a nuclear conflagration spanning multiple populated worlds.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #342 on: 12 December 2015, 20:10:24 »
Calling a Taurian ANYTHING (including their given name) would probably start a nuclear conflagration spanning multiple populated worlds.

Me: "Hey, Bob, how's it shakin'?"

Taurian: "HOW THE %#%@ DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!?  AND I'M NOT SHAKING, IN FACT I WILL NEVER BOW TO THIS EVIL BRAND OF STAR LEAGUE TYRANNY!"

::Taurian Bob ducks and covers::

Me: ".....ummmm, Bob?  Then you didn't want this last slice of pepperoni ham pizza?  That's all I was going to ask."

Taurian Bob: "STARVING US WITH THE VERY MEANS LIFE, EHHHHH?!?  FROM HELL'S HEART I SAY I'M PROUD WE WILL BOTH MEET OUR MAKER SOON, YOU SLIMY STAR LEAGUE FILTHMONGER!!!"

Me: "Bob... I'm a Canopian..."

--

Excerpt from an Imperio entertainment holodrama broadcast on Asturias.  O0 ;D 8)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #343 on: 13 December 2015, 00:02:44 »
Colin Yeh: "Hey look what I found from this cache: something called The History Channel from Terra!"

Sargon Ben-Shimon: "Let us make this the Imperio's official TV Channel!"

Connor Rood: "Wait what is that other holotape? Top Gear? You Scorps cannot hog all the showtime with just History. We have to feel the need for speed sometimes!"

Jonas Cage: "Then it is decided. We will have two official Imperio TV Channels!"

All: "So say we all! Seyla!"

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #344 on: 13 December 2015, 16:41:14 »
It strikes me there IS a Hammond among the Sharks.  Alas, poor Hamster...
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #345 on: 13 December 2015, 19:05:05 »
Alas, poor Hamster...

Did you tell Horatio you knew him?   :D

I'm thinking if any Clan outside of the Kerensky Cluster is keeping up with the Scorps, it must be the Sharkfoxes.  They are likely responsible for the above Taurian/Canopian nuclear drama reaching all the way across 1,000 light years.  But they would also find markets and info about the Home Clans, both of which the Sharkfoxes make their business.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #346 on: 13 December 2015, 20:53:40 »
If they sell us some Mad Cat II-E, that would come as a nasty shock to the Homies.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #347 on: 13 December 2015, 21:04:38 »

I'm thinking if any Clan outside of the Kerensky Cluster is keeping up with the Scorps, it must be the Sharkfoxes.  They are likely responsible for the above Taurian/Canopian nuclear drama reaching all the way across 1,000 light years.  But they would also find markets and info about the Home Clans, both of which the Sharkfoxes make their business.

Assuming the Sharkfoxes aren't in collusion with the Homies (pretty big "if") I would not be shocked if they are allied with El Imperio, to use them as an early warning system if nothing else.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #348 on: 14 December 2015, 02:06:01 »
The very theory I suggested in our older thread.

Sharkfoxes act as arms suppliers to the Imperio in exchange for early warning. Horses also provide covert support in return for Imperial information. With this the Imperio can bootstrap a nice industrial base and start fortifying Imperial planets with SDS and Castles Brian.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #349 on: 19 December 2015, 22:27:43 »
The very theory I suggested in our older thread.

Sharkfoxes act as arms suppliers to the Imperio in exchange for early warning. Horses also provide covert support in return for Imperial information. With this the Imperio can bootstrap a nice industrial base and start fortifying Imperial planets with SDS and Castles Brian.

A buildup would be reported by Homeworld Clan Watch officers and would simply encourage more frequent raids by the Homeworld Clans thereby negating the benefits of the Sharkfoxes support.  It may even lead the Homeworld Clans to eliminate the Imperio sooner rather than later.  After all by this point the Homeworld Clans have begun to truly believe the lies initiated by the Snake alliance in the lead up to the Wars of Reaving (about the Inner Sphere Clans being tainted etc) especially after ilKhan Andrews' murder of Star Adder Khan N'Buta and they definitely wouldn't want the Inner Sphere Clans establishing a forward operating base that they could use to strike the Clan Homeworlds (which is about as likely as the Inner Sphere forces invading the Clan Homeworlds but that was the excuse the Crusader Clans used to initiate Operation Revival).
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #350 on: 20 December 2015, 23:13:33 »

The Sharkfoxes could park a Potemkin factory ship in Imperio space with everybody else none the wiser. Their fleet assets were notoriously hard to fully track by the Spheroid intel agencies.

Sellsword

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #351 on: 29 February 2016, 19:52:58 »
Does the WoR Supplemental have RATs for the Imperio?

What books has the best information on the Scorpions post Reaving? I already have IE3 on the way.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #352 on: 29 February 2016, 20:27:32 »
IE3 has the RATs.

WoRS has a bit of information on los Escorpiones, but not much. The two only "major" sources of info we have on them are the WoR and IE3. Here's to hoping that we get more.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #353 on: 01 March 2016, 03:13:22 »
We'll probably get more of them in ilClan, and that's a long way off.

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
  • The ends justify the means.
    • Built for War - A BattleTech TRO by fans like you!
« Reply #354 on: 17 March 2016, 20:20:58 »
What would you say the Scorpions could be plausibly building in 3145? Last we heard from that area was...when? I'm curious, but unfamiliar.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #355 on: 17 March 2016, 20:53:46 »
OK, last time we had hard production data was in 3079, when things looked like this:

- - - Domestic 'Mechs - - -
>Shadow Hawk -1R
>Rifleman -1N
>Wasp (presumably -1A)
>Stinger (presumably -3R)
>Vulcan Refit (unknown variant)
>Reptar (from ISP3)
>Arana (from ISP3)

- - - Domestic Vehicles - - -
>SRM Carrier
>LRM Carrier
>Korvin Retrograde Refit (presumably KRV-2)

The integration of Clan technology has been said to be excruciatingly slow, so I'd definitely imagine that they're using a lot of Early Clan Improved and Early Clan Prototype weapons and/or equipment in conjunction with a lower-tech, level 1 Spheroid base. I'd imagine a lot of their stuff is looking like the "C" refits of Spheroid machines that happened during the initial Clan invasion - except instead of the stuff being underweight, it's "lesser" Clan tech instead.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #356 on: 17 March 2016, 20:58:01 »
Yeah, they're using Clan Prototype/Clan Intermediate technologies according to Interstellar Ops

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #357 on: 18 March 2016, 10:08:11 »
IE3 has the RATs.

WoRS has a bit of information on los Escorpiones, but not much. The two only "major" sources of info we have on them are the WoR and IE3. Here's to hoping that we get more.
You will. It doesn't cover much past the current timeline limits, but there's more coming that will cover the Scorpions and the Imperio.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #358 on: 18 March 2016, 10:16:38 »
You will. It doesn't cover much past the current timeline limits, but there's more coming that will cover the Scorpions and the Imperio.

That is fantastic news!

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #359 on: 18 March 2016, 22:33:31 »
Amen to that [cheers]

Register