Author Topic: Battle Armor (ATOW)  (Read 1134 times)

Blue Duke

• Recruit
Battle Armor (ATOW)
« on: 25 March 2015, 23:22:17 »
So i am new here (HI EVERY BODY !) and my group is going to hopefully be starting a TOW game. I can choose any IS design and I've got vehicle up medium weight BA but i'm sort of stuck on what suit i want to go with. Thinking either something in the neighborhood of the Purifier/Achellius/Grey Death Scout or asking my GM to seed a Night Hawk suit some where that i can find it through the course of game play since my character is a LosTech fan/Archaeologist. if i go for any of the wobbie designs i suspect i'll be told to take the Enemy trait and have Blakists on me and i certainly dont want that.

The Era is 3062 and my character is a former St Ives Battle armor trooper if that helps and err if this is the wrong section i apologize.

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Battle Armor (ATOW)
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2015, 01:04:20 »
I think atleast part of it is going to depend on what you're doing in game. I would think as a RPG you'd want access to armored gloves so you're able to manipulate things better, but maybe you're expecting heavier combat, or figure that dexterous manipulation of things is for someone else, maybe you'd want a heavier suit.

As for the game being set in 3062, that's just going to depend on how your GM wants to arrange things with regards to production really. The Fa Shih and Purifier made their debut in 3062, so I wouldn't expect them to really be available, but rule of cool often trumps, so maybe your GM won't mind. (GMs and games vary with regards to how adherent they are to canon :) )

Blue Duke

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2015, 00:22:55 »
I've narrowed it down to Grey Death Scout (if i want armor immediately) or a Nighthawk some where eventually rather then finagleing a WOB suit or making off with a Fa Shih. i figure that they both have Armored gloves so they can use infantry weapons and they both have stealth to make it easier to avoid trouble...also i can probably fit the two of them more easily into a locker on a union converted to a cargo ship by my Lyran merchant employer. but the question is now which is 'better' for infantry scale encounters in the Internets opinion ?

soshi

• Master Sergeant
  • reed'n be fun four da mentals
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2015, 11:08:13 »
Grey Death scout suit probably best.   More of them around so plausible denial-ability if "someone in a grey death scout suit"  vrs one of the more exotic suits.  Spare parts and replacements would be easier to get a hold of.

Register