This thread is for all error reports and suggestions for the MUL online database, as found at:http://www.masterunitlist.info/Some notes - read before posting:
- How do I log in?
You can't. The login is only for site administrators.
- As this covers suggestions as well as errors, discussion is allowed in this thread.
- This database does not include Dark Age availabilities for units published prior to TR 3085.
- The entire Camospecs/Iron Wind Metals feature is still being worked on (as in: the entire way it works could change). We're not going to be dealing with individual issues on this for a while.
- Corrections not touching on the above are welcome. However, please provide a page number and/or direct quote to support your case. "Faction X should have this because I said so" is less than helpful and will likely be ignored.
- If you have corrections for a unit entry, include a direct MUL link to the unit in question in your report.
- If it's a BV or Alpha Strike
stat correction, please enclose or attach your entire calculation and how you made it (by hand, SSW, MML, Heavy Metal etc; include version number of any software used).
Please keep your posts concise and polite. Posts that do not follow these rules will be deleted. Thank you.WHAT IS THE MUL?
- The Master Unit List contains the latest Battle Values, Alpha Strike
stats, faction availabilities, and introduction dates for as many units in BattleTech
as we can manage.
- The MUL is an official Catalyst product, one that Catalyst provides for free to its fans.
- The MUL undergoes continuous amount of fact check and is constantly being updated. Unlike a static print TRO, the MUL is able to be updated should something change. It is every bit as official as any TRO or sourcebook, if not more in many cases.
- If a unit appears on the MUL, then enough validation was done to determine that "Yes, this unit existed and is not pure rumour." This does not mean that said unit will ever see its stats published: that is not the purpose of the MUL. The MUL's primary purpose is to provide a list of all known units in the universe, and their faction availability.
- That something is not on the MUL does not mean it does not exist. The concept of "the needs of fiction" still apply to the BattleTech universe. Not every factory, vehicle and handgun in the universe has been documented, nor will they ever be. The MUL is what we know: what has been documented in canon.
- Sarna.net is not a canon source. If Sarna lists a Mech and the MUL doesn't, then the MUL is most likely correct (though we certainly do make mistakes). The MUL has access to internal information that Sarna does not.
Homeworld Clan and Late Succession Wars data is now available.
Star League and Early Succession Wars data is now available.